Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Limitations
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
plazagirl
Hello, I'm a newbie and working on my site. I want to know if there is a way to enter html coding into the personalization section in the product editor?

My reason is, I have products that I offer with custom engraving or monogramming. I need character limitations created for these products. Some items i offer have a minimum character space of 10 or 12 etc. However, the way it is set up now is the customer can type in as many as they want. I know I will have some customer that will type in more than the max amount and then complain that when their order is changed that it is my fault.
This is one problem I would like to avoid.

Is this something I need to pay someone from monstercommerce to integrate into my website? I spoke to someone last week and they gave me a name of Leslie who does custom programming. However, I cannot find a way to contact this person.

If so, can someone please contact me ASAP TO GET STARTED ON IT.
Thanks
valerie

bookmark
If you want to, you can email her at leslie.ellerbrock@monstercommerce.com.

Patti
undejj
You might also be interested in the FREE script posted here:
http://forums.monstersmallbusiness.com/ind...indpost&p=20082
pbannette
QUOTE (plazagirl @ Jul 19 2004, 02:00 PM)
Hello, I'm a newbie and working on my site. I want to know if there is a way to enter html coding into the personalization section in the product editor?

My reason is, I have products that I offer with custom engraving or monogramming. I need character limitations created for these products. Some items i offer have a minimum character space of 10 or 12 etc. However, the way it is set up now is the customer can type in as many as they want. I know I will have some customer that will type in more than the max amount and then complain that when their order is changed that it is my fault.
This is one problem I would like to avoid.

Is this something I need to pay someone from monstercommerce to integrate into my website? I spoke to someone last week and they gave me a name of Leslie who does custom programming. However, I cannot find a way to contact this person.

If so, can someone please contact me ASAP TO GET STARTED ON IT.
Thanks
valerie

Hello,
I have been asking for this feature for over 2 years. MC could do it and would charge you. I thought after bugging them for such a long time, the feature would be in 4.0. I don't even think it is in the works for 4.1, but it should be.
I don't have MC right now because of this limitation and I also another feature. I have been waiting two years for is the ability to edit personalization in the cart and on an order review page- at least in the cart. This feature would be great for anyone that has a lot of personalization. Instead of starting all over, the customer could make the corrections in the cart and have another chance on a review page . This feature is available in other carts.
The script indicated in this and other posts for the maxlength, (this topic has come up several times) may work, but may not be supported by MC.
Good Luck!
Bob
undejj
QUOTE (pbannette @ Jul 19 2004, 07:15 PM)
The script indicated in this and other posts for the maxlength,  (this topic has come up several times) may work, but may not be supported by MC.

Huh? huh.gif The script has nothing to do with MC support. I wrote it personally (with inspiration from other merchants). You may use it at your own risk, however, it does work.*

* The script won't work if your customer has scripting turned off, but that is rarely the case. The script will save you from over 95% of your personalization maxlength aggravation.
plazagirl
Thanks everyone for all of your help. I think maybe they won't integrate this feature because they know they can make extra money off of this. I'm guessing after a set up fee and hourly fee, it may run about $400.

I have another website that I use for my other gift basket business and my husband convinced me to use monstersmile.gif. I told him, only on my wedding site. I may just pay the dollar amount to get this character thing going, but I will try erik's code to see how it goes. Then when i make lots of money they I will pay for it! ha ha smile.gif

valerie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.