Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do I Process This Paypal Payment?
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
mcsmiths
Really confused.

I received my first order to be paid via PayPal. The order total is over $200 so I want to make sure everything is processed properly. My PayPal settings specify that I ONLY accept payments with PayPal verified shipping addresses.

The customer contacted me, indicating that PayPal won't accept their payment, and I've tried to explain that their address must be verified with PayPal.

While looking into this, I decided to run a test order and I don't get this ... when I indicate I want to pay with PayPal, there is a BLANK box for the customer to enter an email address underneath the PayPal payment option. huh.gif

How is the customer supposed to know which email to use to make the payment? I've got my email address specified in the order settings.

Any help would help!
srg
While looking into this, I decided to run a test order and I don't get this ... when I indicate I want to pay with PayPal, there is a BLANK box for the customer to enter an email address underneath the PayPal payment option.

This email input box is for the customer to enter their email address (the one assigned to a Paypal account). When they continue to Paypal payment, your info will automatically be the payee on the paypal purchase (as long as you used an email address in your paypal payment field that is a legit paypal email address).

Hope this helps. smile.gif
mcsmiths
This email input box is for the customer to enter their email address (the one assigned to a Paypal account). When they continue to Paypal payment, your info will automatically be the payee on the paypal purchase (as long as you used an email address in your paypal payment field that is a legit paypal email address).

Hope this helps. 

Oh, I see, well that makes sense.
The customer is still having trouble paying
because I don't accept paypal payments from
customers with unverified addresses.
So ... we'll see what happens next.

Thanks!

srg
Yeah, the verified, unverified thing is a tricky call. We have ours to allow unverified addresses and it has not gotten us into trouble...yet!

Its tough because once you make that policy, then you have to stick to it even if it costs an order.
mcsmiths
I've left two voice messages for this customer and asked her to call us toll free to see if we could work through this on the phone ... she hasn't called back. I've sent her several emails, she only replied to one stating her address wouldn't go through in PayPal. It's clearly stated on our checkout page where you select your method of payment that we only ship to verified addresses ... so ... I don't think it would be wise to change our policy for this particular order, if you know what I mean.
MonkeyFly
Is it too late to offer an alternative option for that customer like sending payment via credit card or other?

PayPal is my least favorite, but ya can't rule it out. For new accounts, it takes several days to confirm a bank account or credit card since there's a wait for those 2 little deposit amounts to hit their statement. A real pain.

For me, I've gone ahead and added all my email addresses to my PP account so if some wild way, a customer paid using another email, it got noticed by PayPal. This happened once, don't ask how.

Just my input.
mcsmiths
Is it too late to offer an alternative option for that customer like sending payment via credit card or other?

I've offered that option up, but the customer is not responding at this point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.