Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Froogle Feed
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
monsterhair
Did I see a Froogle feed option a while ago?
Any help is great.
Alex
monsterhairgroup.
crashingflwrgrl
From your admin panel.....Plug-Ins > Froogle

You'll have to contact Google for a username and password though...

Froogle Sign Up
MayanTraditions
This is not in my admin panel. Any idea how I can have it added? It sure would make doing my Froogle feeds a lot easier. I am doing them all manually now!

purplekitty
QUOTE (MayanTraditions @ Jun 4 2004, 08:47 PM)
This is not in my admin panel.  Any idea how I can have it added?  It sure would make doing my Froogle feeds a lot easier.  I am doing them all manually now!

PM Skipper. Last I knew it was still in Beta and had to be requested to have it added.
crashingflwrgrl
PM Skipper. Last I knew it was still in Beta and had to be requested to have it added.

Doh! I should have mentioned that little tidbit....must be asleep at the wheel! sleeping.gif
MayanTraditions
Thanks, I'll PM him and see what happens!
MayanTraditions
QUOTE (MayanTraditions @ Jun 4 2004, 09:44 PM)
Thanks, I'll PM him and see what happens!

I am sorry, I was thinking Captain... I'll PM HER (JEN - Skipper) with a request. The storefront I was using before I moved to monstersmile.gif would automatically submit to Froogle every evening. It was one of the few good things about my experience with using that particular storefront!

Gary Carlton
Is there further information available on the Froogle feed process? I'm looking for a way to keep the "hidden" products from the feed, and can't figure out how (without a ton a manual editing) and can't find any information on the feed generation.
Brad
Hi Everyone -

The Dataport tool includes a feature that exports your products in a Froogle-ready format..... simply click a button, enter a username and password, and you've got a file ready for upload to Froogle.

If you don't have Dataport, you can try it free for the first month and get signed up here.

Happy Froogleing!!
Gary Carlton
Hi Brad,

Love the Dataport tool! It is indeed much easier. Google/Froogle told me that they think I should use the long description rather than the shorter one, but the way I've set up the descriptions, the shorter one actually has more pertinent information -- at least for our purposes. What I would really like to do is be able to include both, but without having to do a manual edit (I know how to do it, it would just add another step or two to the process).

The other thing I would really like to see is a way to exclude hidden products from the feed, again without doing a huge manual edit of the feed. I've already started implementing a work-around, but it's going to take considerable time. Any chance of having hidden products withheld from the feed (a check box would be really nice!)?

Thanks,
DGC
QUOTE (brad @ Jun 14 2004, 10:08 PM)
The Dataport tool includes a feature that exports your products in a Froogle-ready format..... simply click a button, enter a username and password, and you've got a file ready for upload to Froogle.

It sounds like DataPort handles the Froogle feed very easily...but is there a way to do it without DataPort like Crash mentioned? I PM'd Skipper but haven't heard back. Thanks!
Brad
Gary - Thanks for the feedback! Those are great suggestions. I know that there are new features, as well as improvements on existing features. Although I don't have all of the specifics of them right now, I will pass the ideas on to our developers thumbsup.gif

DGC - For a short time we did consider making the Froogle export an option in the admin panel, but have since moved away from that approach. We've decided that including it in Dataport is much more streamlined and easier to update/maintain. There are still a handful of sites out there that have the option in the admin panel, but it will not be added to additional sites.

Bye for now!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.