Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blocking Credit Cards From Other Countries
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
BamaCat
Any ideas on this? Got someone in Florida IP address, with shipping to Florida use a Brizilian credit card to make a purchase. USAepay tells they can only block by IP address - which does no good if they are in the US, and NetSol says they can't block by billing address either. This makes no sense.
Katt
You would think, in 2009, these would be standard tools and options, but they're not. I use authorize.net and they just recently began offering Advanced Fraud Detection for an EXTRA 9.95 a month (I'm already paying an extra 5.00 a month for Basic Fraud Detection). Advanced Fraud Detection includes a Regional IP Address Filter, which will block people in regions or countries I select. But you're right, I have no way at the gateway to say "I only want credit cards from the U.S."

On the other hand, the bank that I have the merchant account through CAN and DOES block credit cards outside of North America. Talk to your merchant account provider and see if they can do something like that.
macrick
QUOTE(Katt @ Jul 20 2009, 02:53 PM) *
You would think, in 2009, these would be standard tools and options, but they're not. I use authorize.net and they just recently began offering Advanced Fraud Detection for an EXTRA 9.95 a month (I'm already paying an extra 5.00 a month for Basic Fraud Detection). Advanced Fraud Detection includes a Regional IP Address Filter, which will block people in regions or countries I select. But you're right, I have no way at the gateway to say "I only want credit cards from the U.S."

On the other hand, the bank that I have the merchant account through CAN and DOES block credit cards outside of North America. Talk to your merchant account provider and see if they can do something like that.

Man, I can't remember for the life of me how you do it in version 4, but basically, you want to go into the payment/settings area of the cart and say "do not accept international orders". If I remember right in v4, it is in the settings area, and you choose something like, "I do not accept overseas orders"

In version 7, you choose the countries that you accept payments from.

So, if the shopper puts in the billing address, they have to choose US, there country is not listed, so it sticks out at you if they place an order from overseas.
BamaCat

Mac,
The problem is it only looks at the IP address, not the billing address. It makes no sense. So I had a lady in Miami with US IP address shipping to Miami use a foreign credit card because the IP address was Florida. And V7 is no different, USAePay is not interested in even hearing a suggestion, they seem very set in their ways.

QUOTE(macrick @ Jul 28 2009, 08:25 AM) *
QUOTE(Katt @ Jul 20 2009, 02:53 PM) *

Man, I can't remember for the life of me how you do it in version 4, but basically, you want to go into the payment/settings area of the cart and say "do not accept international orders". If I remember right in v4, it is in the settings area, and you choose something like, "I do not accept overseas orders"

In version 7, you choose the countries that you accept payments from.

So, if the shopper puts in the billing address, they have to choose US, there country is not listed, so it sticks out at you if they place an order from overseas.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.