Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uploading Current Customers
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
ImNotWorthy
Moving my site from a lesser competitor to monstersmile.gif here in the next few days and I have roughly 10,000 customers with existing logins and passwords. I'd like them to come visit the new site and login as if nothing has changed. Is this possible?
Katt
I just tried importing a test customer (using MC V4 and DataPort V5). There is no "password" field, but apparently MC creates a random password when the customer is imported. This tells me that you can import your customers, but they will have to click on the "I forgot my password" link so they can log in. Seems a little messy, and I would hate to do that to 10,000 customers. But then again, most databases would encrypt the password anyway, so it's unlikely you're going to have their password in a file. ??
ImNotWorthy
QUOTE(Katt @ Jun 25 2009, 03:46 PM) *
I just tried importing a test customer (using MC V4 and DataPort V5). There is no "password" field, but apparently MC creates a random password when the customer is imported. This tells me that you can import your customers, but they will have to click on the "I forgot my password" link so they can log in. Seems a little messy, and I would hate to do that to 10,000 customers. But then again, most databases would encrypt the password anyway, so it's unlikely you're going to have their password in a file. ??

Yeah, we have a very old site with all that info. Gettnig in with the new version. I hope tech support can help us with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.