Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Keep Website And Storefront Inventory In Sync
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
GrilledPepper
We recently opened up a brick and mortar store and our inventory tracking has been a major pain. The store inventory and website inventory are always out of sync. Whenever we make a sale in the store we have to update the inventory online and vice versa. We have the same problem with pricing items and trying to make them consistent with the store and website.

I'm curious what others have done to resolve this.

Thanks!
Ryan
totlcomp
QUOTE(GrilledPepper @ May 19 2009, 08:33 AM) *
We recently opened up a brick and mortar store and our inventory tracking has been a major pain. The store inventory and website inventory are always out of sync. Whenever we make a sale in the store we have to update the inventory online and vice versa. We have the same problem with pricing items and trying to make them consistent with the store and website.

I'm curious what others have done to resolve this.

Thanks!
Ryan

I know people who are successfully using the StoneEdge POS software. We use the Stone Edge Order Manager to manage inventory for our e-commerce site, keeping inventory in sync, download orders and all other order management tasks. StoneEdge makes a POS version of their software that integrates web site and brick-and-mortar operations.

Here's the link:
http://stoneedge.com/PlusPOSVersion.htm

Good luck!
Katt
We faced the same issue and decided to let the shopping cart keep the inventory. Most of our sales are already through the shopping cart anyway, then we enter phone orders under a guest account (I understand order entry is handled better in V7 but I'm not moving yet because of QuickBooks issues). I also set up a spreadsheet that we use to adjust inventory in the cart to keep everything straight. We just mark adjustments on the spreadsheet and upload it with MonsterBooks. A third party solution may make things a little easier, but this is working well for us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.