Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do I Sell Quantity One, Then Have The Item Disappear From The Site
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
Jason Thompson
Hello MC!

We're having a sale of one-of-a-kind items. I have entered a quantity of ONE for each of these items (there are about 100 of these single items).

We want the listing to disappear once the item has sold, and/or at the minimum, either list the item as sold out (in the category view) or have the cart return an alert if a customer wants to add the item to their cart with something like THIS ITEM IS SOLD OUT.

I have entered the quantity for one of these items as "0", but I can still add it to the cart.

Suggestions?

Jason
Katt
Under Settings > Sitewide Settings > System Options there is a setting for "Allow Purchase when Quantity in Stock is Less Than Zero" - change this to "No" and it won't allow you to purchase items out of stock. Unfortunately this is a site-wide setting, and worse, when someone tries to buy something that is out of stock, they will get a pop-up that says something like "Please try a smaller quantity" even if they only wanted 1 - it really makes us look stupid and we cannot change the message.

Another option, also under Settings > Sitewide Settings > System Options is to HIDE items when they're out of stock. This prevents the stupid pop-up message. This is also a site-wide setting.
Jason Thompson
Thanks. I found both of those settings, and they're the best option. Not perfect, but adequate.

Too bad there couldn't be a variant image for "OUT OF STOCK".

Jason

QUOTE(Katt @ Apr 23 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Under Settings > Sitewide Settings > System Options there is a setting for "Allow Purchase when Quantity in Stock is Less Than Zero" - change this to "No" and it won't allow you to purchase items out of stock. Unfortunately this is a site-wide setting, and worse, when someone tries to buy something that is out of stock, they will get a pop-up that says something like "Please try a smaller quantity" even if they only wanted 1 - it really makes us look stupid and we cannot change the message.

Another option, also under Settings > Sitewide Settings > System Options is to HIDE items when they're out of stock. This prevents the stupid pop-up message. This is also a site-wide setting.

Katt
There is an out of stock message but it doesn't work for me. I can't remember why, but it's something about the settings I've chosen. Maybe someone else will know.
Jason Thompson
My out of stock message didn't work either. Not sure why...

Jason

-=

QUOTE(Katt @ Apr 23 2009, 05:43 PM) *
There is an out of stock message but it doesn't work for me. I can't remember why, but it's something about the settings I've chosen. Maybe someone else will know.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.