Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quantity Discount For One Customer Only
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
Katt
I'm trying to figure out how to give a quantity discount on selected products for one customer only. This is the only way I can think of and I'm hoping someone can offer a better way, or let me know if there are flaws in my plan.

I need to offer 30% off of 4 specific product lines, but only when the customer purchases enough in quantity - this minimum quantity is different for each of the 4 product lines. Would this work:

Discount code for category product line 1, with minimum purchase of 20 X unit price

Same discount code for category product line 2, with minimum purchase of 10 X unit price

Same discount code for category product line 3, with minimum purchase of 10 X unit price

Same discount code for category product line 4, with minimum purchase of 4 X unit price

I've never tried to use a discount code this way - does it compute the minimum purchase from that category only, or the whole cart? So if the customer meets the minimum purchase price in category 1, but buys less than the minimum for categories 2, 3 and 4, will the cart discount the category 1 items but not the other categories?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Katt
Darn... just tested this and it won't work. The minimum purchase for the coupon code comes from the entire cart, not the coupon's category. worry.gif

Ok, I guess I'm looking at price levels. This will take a lot of time to set up but I'll try it. Still hoping for advice though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.