Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding A Related Product...
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
dpcmichele
I was wondering if there was a way to add a product as a related product only and NOT also list it on the product page. For instance, for one of the CCTV cameras we sell it needs a mounting bracket that is specific to that camera. I would like it to be listed as a related product to that camera only and not have it on the product listing page so it can be chosen by mistake with another camera. Thanks for any info!

Michele
ArcoJedi
You could add it to a hidden category. This means that your customers can't navigate to it through categories. However, it will still show up in search results so you will want to make sure it's description information includes details about which cameras it works for. I hope this helps.
MC Team - Eddie
QUOTE(dpcmichele @ Nov 20 2008, 02:52 PM) *
I was wondering if there was a way to add a product as a related product only and NOT also list it on the product page.

By this do you mean not list this on the product list page or the product detail page? (Product list is the listing of all products, basically a category page)

QUOTE(dpcmichele @ Nov 20 2008, 02:52 PM) *
For instance, for one of the CCTV cameras we sell it needs a mounting bracket that is specific to that camera. I would like it to be listed as a related product to that camera only and not have it on the product listing page so it can be chosen by mistake with another camera. Thanks for any info!

Michele

If you mean you do not want this listed in the product list you could try adding that particular product to a hidden category. Then relate that product and it should show on the product details page.

I'm not as familiar with 4x as I am with the new 7x software so you will want to test that to double check but I believe that will work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.