Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gift Wrap
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
BamaCat
Is there a way to charge a set amount per item for gift wrapping in V4? If someone buys one gift they get charged X and if they order 10 they get charged X?

Without having to rely on them to change the quantity in the shopping cart, because I just know that ain't gonna happen.

Any ideas? thanks!
Katt
If I understood correctly -- you want to sell giftwrapping only in quanitities of 1 which will cover giftwrapping everything in the order?

Too bad there's not a "maximum order quantity" that you could set to 1...

The only idea I have is describe it well... something like "Gift Wrap Every Item In This Order" - make sure it's in the name too for people who order off of category pages or quick order pages.

PS. BamaCat - I've tacked onto your old "saturday delivery" post but had no response - did you ever learn anything else?
BamaCat
no, that's what I'm doing now is selling 1 gift wrap for the whole order - $x for any amount of items.

I was wondering if there was a way to do it depending on how many items were purchased?

For the Saturday delivery, I haven't had anyone really need it, but I decided to just do it on a case by case basis, so now if a customer needs it on a Saturday I think I"ll just charge them the extra $ to do it. How about you, what are you doing?
MartiniGuy
QUOTE(BamaCat @ Nov 14 2008, 08:34 PM) *
no, that's what I'm doing now is selling 1 gift wrap for the whole order - $x for any amount of items.

I was wondering if there was a way to do it depending on how many items were purchased?

For the Saturday delivery, I haven't had anyone really need it, but I decided to just do it on a case by case basis, so now if a customer needs it on a Saturday I think I"ll just charge them the extra $ to do it. How about you, what are you doing?

Hey Bama.
On V4 I had a simple varient set up for "add gift wrapping for $x" - which would alter the price per item...if they ordered 3, the gift wrapping charge was added to each. The downside is that if they only wanted 1 gift wrapped, the customer would have to figure out that they needed to add the item to the cart separately - which is far from intuitive. The way I had mine set up was in the item description for each item.

Hope that helps
BamaCat
Thanks ya'll, I'm just going to keep it one price for the whole order for now. Too close to the holidays to be testing something new. I'm getting busy, hope everyone else is too?
MartiniGuy
QUOTE(BamaCat @ Nov 20 2008, 12:36 PM) *
Thanks ya'll, I'm just going to keep it one price for the whole order for now. Too close to the holidays to be testing something new. I'm getting busy, hope everyone else is too?

Starting to ramp up!
Best of luck to you and all martiniemoticon.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.