Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question About Final Migration...
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
MartiniGuy
Quick question - on final migration will my PRO ssl cert reflect the proper info (now it shows shared on V7)?
Thanks
ddavis - MC Team
QUOTE(MartiniGuy @ Sep 8 2008, 01:13 PM) *
Quick question - on final migration will my PRO ssl cert reflect the proper info (now it shows shared on V7)?
Thanks

That will be changed after final flip when your SSL is migrated. We do the SSL at the end otherwise you wouldn't be able to complete checkout while testing.
MartiniGuy
QUOTE(ddavis - MC Team @ Sep 8 2008, 12:19 PM) *
QUOTE(MartiniGuy @ Sep 8 2008, 01:13 PM) *
Thanks

That will be changed after final flip when your SSL is migrated. We do the SSL at the end otherwise you wouldn't be able to complete checkout while testing.

Just saw this response.
Thanks Dave...only a few hours to go and Im all V7.
mcforum
We are a September 15 migration, too. Hoping for a boring, uneventful migration, but just in case is there a special "migration issues" phone number set up?
ddavis - MC Team
QUOTE(mcforum @ Sep 15 2008, 12:02 AM) *
We are a September 15 migration, too. Hoping for a boring, uneventful migration, but just in case is there a special "migration issues" phone number set up?

Migration issues are handled through the regular tech support phone # or if it is non-urgent they can be posted here.
mcforum
QUOTE(ddavis - MC Team @ Sep 15 2008, 12:15 AM) *

Migration issues are handled through the regular tech support phone # or if it is non-urgent they can be posted here.

Thanks, Dave. What is the normal "down time" during migration? We've been down now for about 1 hour.
ddavis - MC Team
QUOTE(mcforum @ Sep 15 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Thanks, Dave. What is the normal "down time" during migration? We've been down now for about 1 hour.

Generally not that long. I'm not in the office today so I can't directly look at the migration queue. Please call tech support to make sure everything is OK.
mcforum
QUOTE(ddavis - MC Team @ Sep 15 2008, 01:56 PM) *
QUOTE(mcforum @ Sep 15 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Generally not that long. I'm not in the office today so I can't directly look at the migration queue. Please call tech support to make sure everything is OK.

I've been on hold for 30 minutes. Not happy here!
mcforum
Finally got through. Guy said that he can see our new V7 sight. I still can't. I guess it is a DNS propogation issue.

MC Team - Eddie
QUOTE(mcforum @ Sep 15 2008, 02:43 PM) *
Finally got through. Guy said that he can see our new V7 sight. I still can't. I guess it is a DNS propogation issue.

I am able to access the 7x site. I did notice that the primary domain name for the site is without the www however your SSL certificate is with the www. I would suggest logging into your NetworkSolutions account manager and clicking on the Manage Ecommerce link. In here you will see an option to change the primary domain name. Select www.yoursite.com and you should be set. Then it just may be a propogation issue but this will allow you to get this problem out of the way.
mcforum
QUOTE(MC Team - Eddie @ Sep 15 2008, 04:59 PM) *
QUOTE(mcforum @ Sep 15 2008, 02:43 PM) *

I am able to access the 7x site. I did notice that the primary domain name for the site is without the www however your SSL certificate is with the www. I would suggest logging into your NetworkSolutions account manager and clicking on the Manage Ecommerce link. In here you will see an option to change the primary domain name. Select www.yoursite.com and you should be set. Then it just may be a propogation issue but this will allow you to get this problem out of the way.

Thanks. I just got the SSL issue fixed. I don't know why during the migration process they would make this error. We normally get lots of orders on Monday and we have not had a single one. I suppose that being told that our site has an invalid security certificate probably had something to do with it.

Thanks, Eddie. I am glad you noticed this. I have a long list of clean ups to address. Today is lost.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.