Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Downloading/backing Up Version 4 Emails - Need Help
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
jonblack
Hey gang.

I need some help downloading and backing up my MC version 4 emails. I followed the directions for downloading your emails to Outlook Express. That was no problem. This only downloaded my Inbox, and I have several other folders that need to be backed up as well.

Can anyone tell me how to back up ALL of my folders?

Thank you
jonblack
ArcoJedi
Outlook and most other mail clients only download emails from the inbox. You may need to move the emails out of their individual folders on the mail server back to the inbox. I don't know of any other method for this.
MC Team - Jerry
QUOTE(jonblack @ Aug 27 2008, 01:55 PM) *
Hey gang.

I need some help downloading and backing up my MC version 4 emails. I followed the directions for downloading your emails to Outlook Express. That was no problem. This only downloaded my Inbox, and I have several other folders that need to be backed up as well.

Can anyone tell me how to back up ALL of my folders?

Thank you
jonblack

Your best bet is to move all of your folders into the Inbox itself, so that Outlook can see them. Otherwise they can't be backed up/transferred over.
jonblack
Thanks for your replies. I will try what you have suggested.

jonblack
jonblack
This is a major pain! I have a few thousand emails archived in several folders. I am only able to move 20 emails at a time from one folder to the Main inbox. If I try to do any more than that at a time the MC provided web based mail system crashes. Like I said this is a major pain.

Anybody (MC support staff) have any suggestions on how I can get this task completed efficiently?

jonblack
ArcoJedi
You might try setting your email preferences to display more than 20 emails at a time, which if I recall correctly is possible. Otherwise, you are looking at the only method for moving these.
jonblack
QUOTE(jonblack @ Aug 27 2008, 06:30 PM) *
I am only able to move 20 emails at a time from one folder to the Main inbox. If I try to do any more than that at a time the MC provided web based mail system crashes.

I tried that, the email system crashes.

jonblack
jonblack
Sorry for being so feisty. I am now using IE instead of FireFox and I am having much better results. I am able to move the files 100 at a time now. Still a lot of work, as I have several thousand to back up.

Thank you
jonblack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.