Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ups Shipping Question
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
SpectrumSupply.com
Hi, I looked through the help section and I couldn't find anything that would help me. I am trying to find out what all the options mean on the picture below. I think I know what they mean but we had a next day air the other day and the computer charged him $79.00 but in reality it cost $249.00. The boss wasn't happy.

It was a 45 lb box, but it was oversized (which I do not know how to tell ecommerce how to do). The estimated shipping weight and the actual shiopping weight was only off by 2 lbs (heavy).

Any help would be appreciated.

andres.choi
The only thing you can do about this is to set the weight of the item much higher so UPS can shows shipping costs of $250

However, there is a shipping weight limit with UPS (I had a lot of problems with these at the beginning) and I can't remember of how much

The only way to work around this is to set up Custom Shipping Methods and set up weights above 150 lb to be (for eg) $250 and so on
ArcoJedi
QUOTE(andres.choi @ Aug 27 2008, 03:01 PM) *
The only thing you can do about this is to set the weight of the item much higher so UPS can shows shipping costs of $250
I agree that this would be the best option. Simply increase the weight to be more like what the dimensions would call for. In v7, there are entries for product dimensions and this might help.
However, there is a shipping weight limit with UPS (I had a lot of problems with these at the beginning) and I can't remember of how much
Most real time shipping options only work up to 150lbs. If you have carts and orders higher than this, you will want to use custom shipping.
andres.choi
QUOTE(ArcoJedi @ Aug 27 2008, 01:22 PM) *
Most real time shipping options only work up to 150lbs. If you have carts and orders higher than this, you will want to use custom shipping.

That's if you are shipping something within the same package.... but we often receive orders that we ship in multiple boxes (oversized items always ships by itself) and real time shipping doesn't take this into consideration, of course.... computers aren't smart enough yet tongue.gif

However, something that could be added in future releases is to have the option to calculate shipping based on multiple packages, be able to limit the max weight per package (so if the max weight is 30lb, and the total weight for an order is 50lb, real time shipping calculates cost as 2 packages being sent, the first for 30lb and the second for the remaining 20lb)
And also have an option for a product to ship by itself (very useful for over-sized products)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.