Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Order Status
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
levan_bbs
Hi, I'm aware of the fact that non-registered customers can not check their order, but I'm being optimistic and trying to find the way of doing that.
can someone suggest anything??? may be there is a third party software or plug-in that could be integrated...

It is being very critical problem, customer service is getting too many calls because of this and it's a big waste of time,
when customers could enter their order number and e-mail to check their order...

Please guys suggest something...
ArcoJedi
If customers don't register, then they do not intend to check the status of their orders. It is possible that your customers may be unclear on how easy registration is or the benefits of doing so. You can either increase the information that you give them on the checkout pages when registration is called for OR you can require registration in order to check out.

Version 7 has a great new feature that allows clients to create a password for checking their order at the END of the order process. This helps smooth out the checkout process and puts the registration option at the end of checkout precisely when the customer begins thinking of how to check the status of their order. Turn this on immediately after you migrate, but keep in mind the options above.
levan_bbs
Thank you ArcoJedi, You've being very helpful...
cant wait to migrate to new version, seems like it will offer lot more options along with flexibilities, but it has been almost an year I think and still haven't received migration notification...
macrick
QUOTE(levan_bbs @ Aug 12 2008, 11:40 AM) *
Thank you ArcoJedi, You've being very helpful...
cant wait to migrate to new version, seems like it will offer lot more options along with flexibilities, but it has been almost an year I think and still haven't received migration notification...

Levan,

We have this feature enabled on our v7 site. Have to tell you that 90 percent of the people that checkout never set the password, which is really disappointing. Now to be fair, we do a lousy job of pointing out how easy it is to track your order by creating a registered account.

NetSOL, kinda wish you would help us with this in some way, I don't know, a prefilled out predifined page, some sort of text. We should be capable on our own, but at the same time, it never seems to get done. Really, what happens is the customer hits that Thank you page, and they really think, how they are done with the order, since it says THANK YOU. I guess we are suppose to make a big H1 TAG on the TRACK YOUR ORDER by setting up a password, and place that on top of the thank you page.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, since it is far better for a customer to check on there order online, than to call.
MC Team - Eddie
If a customer contacts you in order to track their order you can go into the order and edit it. Choose edit in the Customer Information section and then select the option to register this customer. Once that is complete, you can give your customer their password and they will be able to login to their account and track the order. This will also set them up to be able to purchase from you again in the future and track their order.

We have also added the ability to change the order to be assigned to an already registered user by clicking on the Existing Custom radio button in the same section. This will allow you to assign that order to an existing customer in case they forgot to sign into your site.

Hope this helps.
macrick
QUOTE(MC Team - Eddie @ Aug 13 2008, 07:53 AM) *
If a customer contacts you in order to track their order you can go into the order and edit it. Choose edit in the Customer Information section and then select the option to register this customer. Once that is complete, you can give your customer their password and they will be able to login to their account and track the order. This will also set them up to be able to purchase from you again in the future and track their order.

We have also added the ability to change the order to be assigned to an already registered user by clicking on the Existing Custom radio button in the same section. This will allow you to assign that order to an existing customer in case they forgot to sign into your site.

Hope this helps.

OH MAN,

This is a huge feature. Why has it been kept under wraps?

From what I understand, a customer can check out as a guest, we then can go back on the order and convert that order from Guest to Registered, assing them a password, and they can then login and check their order. And on top of that, we can reassign an order to a registered customer? So a customer places an order in the past, comes back and makes another purchase as a guest, we then go in and reassign it to the previous registered customer account that they didn't realize they had?

Man, I can't believe this, I must be dreaming or read something wrong!
danilyn22
In old shopping cart I had it set that the customer did not have to register to checkout. We had a consistant 50% conversion rate (sweet). I had a great big red exclamation point and in bold words I suggested at the beginning of the order checkout that if they wanted to track their order they would need to register and a link to register. Almost every order placed was as a guest and we would constantly get phone calls asking for status. So do not assume that if they check out as guest they do not want to track their order. Ain't true!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.