Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G00gle Checkout Works In Puerto Rico
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
BamaCat
I didn't realize G Checkout worked in Puerto Rico until I got an order for it. And since we have to use a Custom Shipping method to charge by weight (I'm still in v4) the customer was charged about $8 when the actual shipping is about $30.

Is there a way to block G Checkout payments from Puerto Rico, or should I add another Custom Shipping method called Puerto Rico shipping?

Last question is, what does "rules" mean in the custom shipping options? If "rules" box is checked, what rules is it adhering to?

Thanks!
macrick
QUOTE(BamaCat @ Aug 11 2008, 11:45 AM) *
I didn't realize G Checkout worked in Puerto Rico until I got an order for it. And since we have to use a Custom Shipping method to charge by weight (I'm still in v4) the customer was charged about $8 when the actual shipping is about $30.

Is there a way to block G Checkout payments from Puerto Rico, or should I add another Custom Shipping method called Puerto Rico shipping?

Last question is, what does "rules" mean in the custom shipping options? If "rules" box is checked, what rules is it adhering to?

Thanks!

Bama,

We experienced the same "issue" with puerto rican orders and google checkout. What we did was made a custom rule for shipping to peurto rico, and basically removed the ability for PRs to order with Ground Shipping, 2nd day or overnight shipping we nearly tripled the price to ship to PR. So with rules and custom shipping, only PRs see those two shipping methods, no one else does.

The custom shipping in v7 is vastly improved and a much needed improvement.
BamaCat
Rick, do you mean you removed the ability for PRs to order Ground shipping, 2nd day, overnight for UPS and FedEx? So PR could only ship when using G checkout?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.