Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do You Handle V7 Returns/refunds?
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
MartiniGuy
So, Im migrating on Monday. I do have experience on V7, but have only briefly played with the new "return" button - but it looks like it simply returns everything included in the original sale? ...also not sure if it automatically communicates with the gateway and processes a refund?

On V4, all I did for returns was:
1. Add the products back to my inventory
2. Process the correct refund amount in Linkpoint
3. Log the refunded amount in my accounting database

Can anyone on V7 (or Netsol/Monster) please clarify the best way to process a return/refund?

Thanks so much!
martiniemoticon.gif

PS My returns are fractional - I rarely get returns...which is a blessing
macrick
QUOTE(MartiniGuy @ Aug 9 2008, 06:36 AM) *
So, Im migrating on Monday. I do have experience on V7, but have only briefly played with the new "return" button - but it looks like it simply returns everything included in the original sale? ...also not sure if it automatically communicates with the gateway and processes a refund?

Can anyone on V7 (or Netsol/Monster) please clarify the best way to process a return/refund?

Thanks so much!
martiniemoticon.gif

Martini,

Good question. We have continued to process returns in Linkpoint as you described in v4. Probably more out of fear of refunding too much money or from the habit of doing it in Linkpoint. Converting orders from Authorization to Sale in v7 to charge the order has been great, but somehow on the returns, we just seem to stick with the tried and true testing - Login to linkpoint and issue the credit.

Perhaps an answer from a NetSOL staffer describing the refund process in 7 would convince me to give it a try direct in the MCP
MartiniGuy
QUOTE(macrick @ Aug 9 2008, 06:30 AM) *

Thanks so much!
martiniemoticon.gif

Martini,

Good question. We have continued to process returns in Linkpoint as you described in v4. Probably more out of fear of refunding too much money or from the habit of doing it in Linkpoint. Converting orders from Authorization to Sale in v7 to charge the order has been great, but somehow on the returns, we just seem to stick with the tried and true testing - Login to linkpoint and issue the credit.

Perhaps an answer from a NetSOL staffer describing the refund process in 7 would convince me to give it a try direct in the MCP

Thanks Rick.
There is nothing in the help docs that covers returns...
Rhonda
So, Im migrating on Monday. I do have experience on V7, but have only briefly played with the new "return" button -

MartiniGuy,

Where is this "return" button you are referring to?
danilyn22
The best way to try all this stuff out it to process an order using your credit card. Play around with it. Charge, void, refund, add products, remove products, add more shipping etc. See how the software reacts. That is what I did.

Remember that you can always go into your gateway and void anything out you do so you don't get stuck with the charges. Also when it is time for you to "go live" (meaning your v7 store is live and your V4 disappears forever) all your orders are migrated over so any playing with orders you do in your V7 store will be overwritten with the orders from V4. This will also help you see what the emails look like that the customers get and when they get them.

Do not rely on the manual helping at all. It give no informtion on how to use the software. The only thing it will tell you is the obvious stuff which we are all pretty smart to know already.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.