Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Gift W/ Order
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
Swagrox.com
There was a feature in version 4 where I could give away a free product with an order if the total order was over a certain dollar amount. I don't remember what this feature was called and I don't see any way of creating this kind of offer with the new version 7. Does anyone know if this is still possible?
PowderDay
I hope so, starting migration tomorrow and we have used the shopping cart event in V4 on and off the entire year with great success!
Swagrox.com
QUOTE(PowderDay @ Aug 10 2008, 12:09 PM) *
I hope so, starting migration tomorrow and we have used the shopping cart event in V4 on and off the entire year with great success!

Me too, just can't find this feature in the new cart. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
MC Team - Eddie
Try this as a workaround...

Create the free product and place this in a hidden category. Insert the following code into one of the columns modules.

CODE
<ns:if condition="Cart.Total > 50">
DO STUFF HERE
</ns:if>

...where 50 is the total of the cart and you can place a link or an image which links to the free product in the section that says do stuff here. This will allow that link to display whenever the customers cart total is greater than the value specified.

Some things to keep in mind if you did do this.
  1. You will want to make the maximum purchase for the free product 1 so they don't try and get more than one
  2. If anyone has access to the direct page they will be able to purchase the free product
I know this isn't the same way it worked with 4.x but it should work to do what you are wanting to.
Swagrox.com
Thanks for your help. Do you know if this feature will be coming back at some point? I really liked having this feature and with the old method, users where able to choose from several products at the different "purchase levels" and I never had to worry about someone finding the product for free.
MC Team - Eddie
QUOTE(Swagrox.com @ Aug 13 2008, 08:24 AM) *
Thanks for your help. Do you know if this feature will be coming back at some point? I really liked having this feature and with the old method, users where able to choose from several products at the different "purchase levels" and I never had to worry about someone finding the product for free.

At this time it isn't anything on the radar, and by radar I mean 7.3.1 or 7.3.2. I am not sure what product management has planned for anything after that and 7.3.2 is not completed yet. I saw the feature request that was placed in that section so our PM's will review this and prioritize the issue.
Swagrox.com
Thank you for the update. I hope this is a feature you can bring back in the near future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.