Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do I Get Tech Support?
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
techtoolsupply
Here is my How do I question... How do I get rid of the "HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error" that our potential customers see when they visit our website? Our site has been down now for close to 2 hours. I have called Network solutions multiple times and even talked to a manager. They all say the same thing, monstersmile.gif Commerce is unavailable as they are in a meeting for 4-5 more hours. So our website, on the busiest day of the week is down, without support, because tech support is in a meeting?

Between this and the migration, I'm starting to think that you guys are trying to get rid of all your customers...
ddavis - MC Team
QUOTE(techtoolsupply @ Jul 28 2008, 04:09 PM) *
Here is my How do I question... How do I get rid of the "HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error" that our potential customers see when they visit our website? Our site has been down now for close to 2 hours. I have called Network solutions multiple times and even talked to a manager. They all say the same thing, monstersmile.gif Commerce is unavailable as they are in a meeting for 4-5 more hours. So our website, on the busiest day of the week is down, without support, because tech support is in a meeting?

Between this and the migration, I'm starting to think that you guys are trying to get rid of all your customers...

Your site is back up
techtoolsupply
QUOTE(ddavis - MC Team @ Jul 28 2008, 06:07 PM) *
QUOTE(techtoolsupply @ Jul 28 2008, 04:09 PM) *

Your site is back up

Thank you! and it only took 3-1/2 hours!
Monster Tech Lead
Hi techtoolsupply,

If you need techsupport all you have to do is call us. We are here 24x7 365. If you see your site down simply call us and we can have it resolved in a matter of minutes. If you post something here on the forums, we are not here constantly as we are dealing with the clients that call us and submit trouble tickets.

So in the end simply just give us a call anytime at 1-888-252-ECOM - option #2.

Joe
techtoolsupply
5 minutes after the site went down, we created a trouble ticket in our MC support area notifying you that our website was down. Still took 3-1/2 hours

The above image is taken from your support page. I Called 800-353-6582 which monstersmile.gif Commerce advertises as there 24/7 tech support number. This number forwarded to Network solutions who was able to do NOTHING. I called the 800-353-6582 number 4 times over a 2 hour period, talked to managers, supervisors, NOTHING could be done. Everyone at Network solutions said the same thing - NO ONE is available at monstersmile.gif Commerce for tech support.

I posted in the forums in hopes that someone would read the post. And ironically, it was the only thing your support staff responded to. Not my phone calls, not the trouble ticket, but the forum post.

Three and a half hours it took you to get our site back up from the time the trouble ticket was sent to you. And to add insult to injury, you post the statement making it our fault like we called the wrong number.

I have been with monstersmile.gif Commerce for over 3 years and I have never been closer to switching to a new e-commerce host (not that tech support cares). If it wasn't such a headache to switch, we'd already be gone. I hope that companies considering monstersmile.gif Commerce come across this post; this is typical MC politics here - "never our fault."
brain - MC Tech Lead
QUOTE(techtoolsupply @ Jul 29 2008, 09:22 AM) *
5 minutes after the site went down, we created a trouble ticket in our MC support area notifying you that our website was down. Still took 3-1/2 hours

The above image is taken from your support page. I Called 800-353-6582 which monstersmile.gif Commerce advertises as there 24/7 tech support number. This number forwarded to Network solutions who was able to do NOTHING. I called the 800-353-6582 number 4 times over a 2 hour period, talked to managers, supervisors, NOTHING could be done. Everyone at Network solutions said the same thing - NO ONE is available at monstersmile.gif Commerce for tech support.

I posted in the forums in hopes that someone would read the post. And ironically, it was the only thing your support staff responded to. Not my phone calls, not the trouble ticket, but the forum post.

Three and a half hours it took you to get our site back up from the time the trouble ticket was sent to you. And to add insult to injury, you post the statement making it our fault like we called the wrong number.

I have been with monstersmile.gif Commerce for over 3 years and I have never been closer to switching to a new e-commerce host (not that tech support cares). If it wasn't such a headache to switch, we'd already be gone. I hope that companies considering monstersmile.gif Commerce come across this post; this is typical MC politics here - "never our fault."

Hi All -

I'm certainly more than happy to explain what you saw here. Yesterday, we had a rare "All employee" meeting for our ecommerce group and the group that was handling calls is not as accustom to the ecommerce service as obviously regular Ecommerce support is. Unfortunately, at the same time, we experienced a server outage, as many of you reported. We have reviewed the issue and found that the detection of the outage was normal, however, repair did take longer than average.

It was just an unhappy coincidence that it happened as our less experienced sister call center was fielding calls, however, it did not effect the detection or repair of the outage. As far as response to your issue, again given the circumstances of the day, we have a backlog of client contacts we are working on and hope to get caught up soon.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and any confusion that occurred. Our Ecommerce Tech Support department is a 24/7/365 department, and rare meeting aside, we are always here to support you.

Sincerely

Brian
techtoolsupply
QUOTE(brain - MC Tech Lead @ Jul 29 2008, 12:55 PM) *
QUOTE(techtoolsupply @ Jul 29 2008, 09:22 AM) *

Hi All -

I'm certainly more than happy to explain what you saw here. Yesterday, we had a rare "All employee" meeting for our ecommerce group and the group that was handling calls is not as accustom to the ecommerce service as obviously regular Ecommerce support is. Unfortunately, at the same time, we experienced a server outage, as many of you reported. We have reviewed the issue and found that the detection of the outage was normal, however, repair did take longer than average.

It was just an unhappy coincidence that it happened as our less experienced sister call center was fielding calls, however, it did not effect the detection or repair of the outage. As far as response to your issue, again given the circumstances of the day, we have a backlog of client contacts we are working on and hope to get caught up soon.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and any confusion that occurred. Our Ecommerce Tech Support department is a 24/7/365 department, and rare meeting aside, we are always here to support you.

Sincerely

Brian

Brian I appreciate your honest response; had this post been the initial response, my blood probably wouldn't be boiling. I'm guessing your meeting wasn't on being diplomatic eh Joe?

Regardless of why, 3-1/2 hours down is unacceptable; we lost a lot of sales yesterday during the down time. monstersmile.gif Commerce advertises 24/7/365 tech support, not 24/7/365/Except Meetings.

brain - MC Tech Lead
QUOTE(techtoolsupply @ Jul 29 2008, 12:34 PM) *
Brian I appreciate your honest response; had this post been the initial response, my blood probably wouldn't be boiling. I'm guessing your meeting wasn't on being diplomatic eh Joe?

Regardless of why, 3-1/2 hours down is unacceptable; we lost a lot of sales yesterday during the down time. monstersmile.gif Commerce advertises 24/7/365 tech support, not 24/7/365/Except Meetings.

In all fairness, one of the great things about the forums is a wide variety of employees and merchants get to participate and help out, including merchants helping merchants. I just happen to be in Ecom support and had a better answer to what was occurring, Joe was just trying to make sure you had the information you normally would need. Being an "Internet" company, you'd be surprised at the number of clients who do not realize we have a support center at all.

Again, as I mentioned, even support would have been 100%, in this rare case it probably wouldn't have helped, of course technical issues do occur.

Thanks

Brian

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.