Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Since Migration Have A Design Question
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
zachhulk
Hi. I contacted Network solutions with luke warm results on this issue and was hoping someone in here could help me out. I created a personalization in which a product can have up to 4 different colors to choose from. An example of this can be found at http://www.teesnthings.com/walking-grizzly-bear-t-shirt.aspx The personalization is Please Choose Your Color and I have choosen 4 colors with a radio button as an option. I want this to be horizontal not vertical. I called Netsol and they told me that the example in the personalizations in the back end of the store were premade before it was actually implemented meaning you can't do this by just clicking some button on and off in the back end of the store. I looked at the view source code and notice it was in <div> tags as opposed to a table with rows. I was able to modify it successful in notepad to make it look how I want, but my question is how can I get it left and right as opposed to up and down. They suggested some javascript, but I am not real strong in there area. I was hoping someone could give me an example of the code and where/what folder it needs to be in to function correctly. Thanks for your time, Zach of Novelty T-Shirts
AndyT - MC
No problem, put this in a CSS file in your current theme using the file manager (themes/new/css/):

CODE
div.radio-answer { width: 50px; float:left; text-align:center }
div.prod-detail-purchase { clear:both }

You may need to adjust "width:50px" if you have wider text on other radio options.
zachhulk
QUOTE(AndyT - MC @ Jul 24 2008, 04:00 PM) *
No problem, put this in a CSS file in your current theme using the file manager (themes/new/css/):

CODE

You may need to adjust "width:50px" if you have wider text on other radio options.

Thank you so much! It works and looks great! That was easy enough. I had called network solutions on 3 seperate occasions and they weren't much help. Just out of curiosity does monstersmile.gif still handle tech calls? I really need to come here more often. The help is always great.

I know this isn't the section, but maybe you could also answer a couple of questions that I have. Since the migration of our site on the 2nd of this month a lot of our rankings on google (as well as in yahoo) have dropped or been lost. I was wondering if this could be a dublicate penalty since it is now an aspx extension on the pages now. For example our page, simpsons t-shirts we were ranked between 3-5 for years with a page rank of 4 and now that page isn't even listed. My next question is will it return once everything gets reindexed and if not, what should I do to help my pages outside of the standard seo and linking and is this something to be concerned about? I know that the pages are being redirected, but everything which any type of rank outside of the homepage is gone. My last question is what is the best way to make a sitemap? I submitted the sitemap that is generated by the software which is an aspx file and in the google account under the webmaster tools it says

Unsupported file format
Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit

Thanks again for your help on the radio button. It looks just how I want it to. Zach from Tees N Things
macrick
Zach,

You are not going to see PR on your new pages until goolge decides to update or make available PR to all of the PR tools out there. The new pages have PR, its just that google hasn't published that information yet.

As far as the Sitemap goes, you need to generate an xml sitemap with a sitemap tool that has that capability. The sitemap that comes in version 7 is just an aspx sitemap. Try gsitecrawler, I believe it is free.

Both of these have been discussed in detail within these forums, incase you want to read more that I didn't cover.

QUOTE(zachhulk @ Jul 25 2008, 12:33 PM) *
QUOTE(AndyT - MC @ Jul 24 2008, 04:00 PM) *

CODE

Thank you so much! It works and looks great! That was easy enough. I had called network solutions on 3 seperate occasions and they weren't much help. Just out of curiosity does monstersmile.gif still handle tech calls? I really need to come here more often. The help is always great.

I know this isn't the section, but maybe you could also answer a couple of questions that I have. Since the migration of our site on the 2nd of this month a lot of our rankings on google (as well as in yahoo) have dropped or been lost. I was wondering if this could be a dublicate penalty since it is now an aspx extension on the pages now. For example our page, simpsons t-shirts we were ranked between 3-5 for years with a page rank of 4 and now that page isn't even listed. My next question is will it return once everything gets reindexed and if not, what should I do to help my pages outside of the standard seo and linking and is this something to be concerned about? I know that the pages are being redirected, but everything which any type of rank outside of the homepage is gone. My last question is what is the best way to make a sitemap? I submitted the sitemap that is generated by the software which is an aspx file and in the google account under the webmaster tools it says

Unsupported file format
Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit

Thanks again for your help on the radio button. It looks just how I want it to. Zach from Tees N Things

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.