Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Variants + Surcharges + Markup = Possible?
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
SpectrumSupply.com
(I searched this topic but I couldn't find anything on it)

I am currently using V4, and we mainly just do special length bandsaw blades (example is here: http://www.spectrumsupply.com/index.asp?Pa...p;ProdID=12791). Now we are trying to put regular non custom length products online like this one: http://www.spectrumsupply.com/index.asp?Pa...mp;ProdID=30028 .

I want to use advance variants since some of these products have about forty different model numbers, and I really don't want to create forty different product pages. I can go in and manually put in the list prices, but I was wondering is there anyway that if you use a Markup that the variants surcharges will markup as well? This would save me time down the road (in 5 months) since my vendor will just tell me "These products all increased 3.4%".

Thanks for your help,
Kris
Monster Tech Lead
Hi Kris,

With version 7 using the import export you can export all of your products which then list the variants as a separate product each on their own line. In excel you could then simply apply your % and reupload and you are good to go then.

With version 4 you could do the same but it would be a little more complicated with dataport.

Joe
SpectrumSupply.com
Cool Joe, as long as I have been switch to V7 by January I am happy.
scaldiran-MC Team
With version 7, you can also mark up/down your products (including variations) without exporting. We have a new price adjustment feature (that's already in version 7) that allows you to mark up/down all or selected products by a certain dollar or percentage amount. Sorry it took so long for a response, but I got married the weekend after you posted this.
mamamia
QUOTE(scaldiran-MC Team @ Jul 10 2008, 07:14 AM) *
With version 7, you can also mark up/down your products (including variations) without exporting. We have a new price adjustment feature (that's already in version 7) that allows you to mark up/down all or selected products by a certain dollar or percentage amount. Sorry it took so long for a response, but I got married the weekend after you posted this.

JD

Congratulations!

We'll be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary Sept 6, 2008. (Hopefully I'll be done with migration before that big celebration.)
scaldiran-MC Team
Wow! Congratulations to you! Hopefully we'll get to spend our 50th anniversary together as well (in 2058). Even if the migration's not done by then, you'll have to take a few days off to celebrate. Congrats again! That's a big accomplishment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.