Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post A Pdf File On My Site
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
ImNotWorthy
I would like to post this nice 5 page PDF file that explains more about a particular product within the product description. I've seen other sites with it and its usually a hyper-linked text that takes them to ie. www.thesite.com/article.pdf

Where do I need to upload the pdf file so I can hyperlink it within the product description? I know the simple solution would be to just hyperlink the pdf file at the site its currently at, but I dont want my visitor to leave my site. I have saved the file, now I need to have it say www.site.com/article.pdf

Thanks!
agkits
You should be able to upload it in the file manager in the "root" directory. The root directory is the main directory that the file manager opens up to.
ImNotWorthy
QUOTE(agkits @ May 27 2008, 01:43 PM) *
You should be able to upload it in the file manager in the "root" directory. The root directory is the main directory that the file manager opens up to.

Sorry for sounding so newbie but is there another name for "root directory" in the ftp manage?
MC Team - Eddie
QUOTE(ImNotWorthy @ May 28 2008, 01:19 AM) *
Sorry for sounding so newbie but is there another name for "root directory" in the ftp manage?

This is just the directory that comes up when you click on the file manager.
bsphere
On the subject, how would you post a PDF that you wish to be password protected? I would like enable access to a PDF catalog only after a full contact form is submitted requesting access and then be able to email them a password.
MC Team - Eddie
QUOTE(bsphere @ May 28 2008, 08:42 AM) *
On the subject, how would you post a PDF that you wish to be password protected? I would like enable access to a PDF catalog only after a full contact form is submitted requesting access and then be able to email them a password.

You could upload a password protected zip file with the pdf inside the zip. I'm not really sure how you would password protect the pdf file directly though.

-Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.