Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Does Monster Log You Out So Soon?
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
flatlandfuel
According to monstersmile.gif techs, we are logged out after 15 minutes. Even if we are actively working within our monstersmile.gif account on an item edit for example if we do not hit save or switch screens within 15 minutes we will lose our work. Plus we are logging in repeatedly all day long. Is there any fix or work around to this?
Monster Support Director
QUOTE(flatlandfuel @ May 23 2008, 04:59 PM) *
According to monstersmile.gif techs, we are logged out after 15 minutes. Even if we are actively working within our monstersmile.gif account on an item edit for example if we do not hit save or switch screens within 15 minutes we will lose our work. Plus we are logging in repeatedly all day long. Is there any fix or work around to this?

You've asked a question that has been asked many times before! It is a great and valid question. The main reasoning is due to the CISP/PCI compliance of the shopping cart. The regulations dictate that a small window of time be allowed to prevent "accidental" infiltration and access to data. Although I understand it because I've reviewed the compliance documents over and again, I certainly understand from a merchant perspective this safety net feeling a bit restrictive. As long as you are moving from screen to screen within that time frame, it should not boot you out. But to be fair, moving your mouse or even typing in the window isn't enough: some action has to happen which includes clicking buttons or navigating the admin panel.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.