Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Difference Between Monster Webmail And Exchange Hosted Email?
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
flatlandfuel
With our old cart at Bigstep the email never worked right. So we have stuck with aol email for the past 7 years. Because of that I am "email ignorant". We are now with monstersmile.gif and want to use an email address specific to our domain. monstersmile.gif offers their pop3 webmail but other people are telling me I would be better off having it hosted elsewhere on an Exchange Server. Can anyone here explain to me the advantages of either and offer any advise?
Monster Support Director
QUOTE(flatlandfuel @ May 19 2008, 06:22 PM) *
With our old cart at Bigstep the email never worked right. So we have stuck with aol email for the past 7 years. Because of that I am "email ignorant". We are now with monstersmile.gif and want to use an email address specific to our domain. monstersmile.gif offers their pop3 webmail but other people are telling me I would be better off having it hosted elsewhere on an Exchange Server. Can anyone here explain to me the advantages of either and offer any advise?

If you are new to MonsterCommerce/Network Solutions, I would absolutely recommend that you use POP3 as opposed to the Webmail option. As we prepare to migrate clients to the new version of the shopping cart software, the e-mail service that comes with it is quite a bit more robust than the mail offering as currently offered and you may reconsider. However, we do not backup e-mail servers so your best bet for maintaining e-mail integrity would be to backup your mail using an e-mail client like MS Outlook or whatever best suits your needs.

Let us know if you need additional information or guidance in your choice. We're happy to suggest some options.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.