Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ... Get Analytics To Track Conversions (as Mc Says It Will...)
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
pbgiv
I have had Google Analytics code set up correctly as directed for many months, as confirmed by multiple MC folks, yet E-commerce Conversion has collected zero data - that is until yesterday after I stuck in some more code. The code is not right though and I need help. I need it to do what MC says it will and track conversion data along with the other data.

See my post here > http://forums.monstersmallbusiness.com/ind...st&p=133179

and this thread shows some folks having the same problem I'm having (and for some there's no indication of it ever being solved - scroll to the bottom and it appears Scott Hamilton never seems to get it resolved), but some not having the issue at all > http://forums.monstersmallbusiness.com/ind...mp;#entry113863

PLEASE HELP - I know the code I have in my Payment Manager Confirmation Messages isn't right (see it in my post in the first thread above) - I need the code to call up the specific transaction data. HELP!!!

Thanks!
Pat
macrick
QUOTE(pbgiv @ Apr 30 2008, 08:43 AM) *
I have had Google Analytics code set up correctly as directed for many months, as confirmed by multiple MC folks, yet E-commerce Conversion has collected zero data - that is until yesterday after I stuck in some more code. The code is not right though and I need help. I need it to do what MC says it will and track conversion data along with the other data.

See my post here > http://forums.monstersmallbusiness.com/ind...st&p=133179

and this thread shows some folks having the same problem I'm having (and for some there's no indication of it ever being solved - scroll to the bottom and it appears Scott Hamilton never seems to get it resolved), but some not having the issue at all > http://forums.monstersmallbusiness.com/ind...mp;#entry113863

PLEASE HELP - I know the code I have in my Payment Manager Confirmation Messages isn't right (see it in my post in the first thread above) - I need the code to call up the specific transaction data. HELP!!!

Thanks!
Pat

Who is your gateway?

I was under the impression that you didn't need to post any Google Analytics code in the payment manager to get eccommerce transactions. In fact, if I remember right, if you have some code in there now, you probably are messing things up. They fixed this back in 4.5 version i think, presently we are on 4.6.x

Have you called tech support? Have you opened up a support ticket?
loft
I'm getting lots of analytics data but not the revenue analysis/conversions part either. VERY frustrating. I stuck that code in yesterday as well and hope to see SOMETHING besides zeros in our account tomorrow....
macrick
QUOTE(loft @ May 26 2008, 12:33 PM) *
I'm getting lots of analytics data but not the revenue analysis/conversions part either. VERY frustrating. I stuck that code in yesterday as well and hope to see SOMETHING besides zeros in our account tomorrow....

Just as a point of reference, in case you haven't read it in any of the old threads. GA eccommerce data works half of the time in 4.x, it has been that way for years. Supposedly, they have this fixed in 7.x.

I am as frustrated about it as you are, for two years at least, I got over it, but am looking forward to having this fixed in v 7. Hopefully in a couple of months, when we are all on v 7, we can start using "Real" Analytics Data, and know our real conversion rates without having to manually calculate it for us. Funny thing, we have computers, but still need calculators, pencils, and paper from time to time to run a website!
loft
QUOTE(macrick @ May 26 2008, 05:29 PM) *
QUOTE(loft @ May 26 2008, 12:33 PM) *

Just as a point of reference, in case you haven't read it in any of the old threads. GA eccommerce data works half of the time in 4.x, it has been that way for years. Supposedly, they have this fixed in 7.x.

I am as frustrated about it as you are, for two years at least, I got over it, but am looking forward to having this fixed in v 7. Hopefully in a couple of months, when we are all on v 7, we can start using "Real" Analytics Data, and know our real conversion rates without having to manually calculate it for us. Funny thing, we have computers, but still need calculators, pencils, and paper from time to time to run a website!

Hi, macrick: thank you very much. I read all the threads but never saw much 'resolution' so I figured it would not work for V4, but I still thought I'd get a definitive answer so I can move on to the next thing on my list.

On to V7 then...and THANKS much!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.