Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do I Change The Out Of Stock Message?
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
GrilledPepper
For my products that are hidden but not yet deleted, how do I change the message that customers see if they find the product through a google link?
The message they currently see is, "You are unable to add this product to your cart! Please contact the store on purchasing information"

We're getting several calls from customers looking for products that we no longer carry and I'd just like to modify this message to make more sense and avoid some unnecessary calls.

Normally we keep a product hidden for awhile in case a customer returns it. If we get a product returned then we can easily make it active and available again. If it's been over a few months, then we'll delete it.

Thanks!
BamaCat
I've asked this too, can't be done, maybe in v7.

I'd like for us to have control over what it says. I'd like it to say something like "Contact OurStore.com to order this quantity" or something less negative like - you can't add this to your cart.

I've been checking the "call for pricing" box and putting in a message like "back in stock soon" or "discontinued by manufacturer" that way they don't see a price. Problem is you have to periodically check for out of stock products.
MartiniGuy
QUOTE(BamaCat @ Apr 26 2008, 11:31 AM) *
I've asked this too, can't be done, maybe in v7.

I'd like for us to have control over what it says. I'd like it to say something like "Contact OurStore.com to order this quantity" or something less negative like - you can't add this to your cart.

I've been checking the "call for pricing" box and putting in a message like "back in stock soon" or "discontinued by manufacturer" that way they don't see a price. Problem is you have to periodically check for out of stock products.

You can change it in V7
GrilledPepper
Great, thanks for the replies!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.