Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I Add A Pdf To My Custom Pages?
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
reneewood
Is it possible to upload a pdf files to my site?

Specifically, I want to be able to have the pdf version of articles that have been written about the company available on the "In the News" section. So I can just make the headline a hyperlink to the pdf or have the little pdf graphic there for people to click on. I think the pdf versions of the articles look nicer than just retyping the entire articles on a page.

Thanks!
macrick
QUOTE(reneewood @ Apr 6 2008, 11:08 PM) *
Is it possible to upload a pdf files to my site?

Specifically, I want to be able to have the pdf version of articles that have been written about the company available on the "In the News" section. So I can just make the headline a hyperlink to the pdf or have the little pdf graphic there for people to click on. I think the pdf versions of the articles look nicer than just retyping the entire articles on a page.

Thanks!

Sure, not a problem. Just upload it through the ftp program in the admin panel. If you want you can make a new directory on your server for the pdfs. Then just make all of your links point to pdfs on your server.

We have a few pdfs on various products.
reneewood
Okay, I'm not terrific at this stuff, so first.....I've clicked into file manager (ftp). I've created a new folder entitled "pdf". I've uploaded the file. But I'm lost when you talk about "my server". Can you explain further?
Jonathan120265
QUOTE(reneewood @ Apr 7 2008, 07:04 AM) *
Okay, I'm not terrific at this stuff, so first.....I've clicked into file manager (ftp). I've created a new folder entitled "pdf". I've uploaded the file. But I'm lost when you talk about "my server". Can you explain further?

Your link, to get the pdf to display, will be for example, http://yourwebsiteurl/pdf/filename.pdf. You can type it into your addrss bar to make sure it works first. This is the address that points to the information on the server that you want your customers to be able to retrieve, this will be the link address.

Jonathan
reneewood
Must be doing something wrong......possibly where I'm saving the file......it keeps showing up as a box with an "x" through it.

I went to "Manage Entire Site" and added a folder and called it "pdf". I've uploaded the pdf, but can't get it to display correctly when I create a custom page and try to insert it as a hyperlink to the headline of an article on my "In the News" custom page.

Any thoughts on where I'm messing up?
Jonathan120265
QUOTE(reneewood @ Apr 9 2008, 06:58 AM) *
Must be doing something wrong......possibly where I'm saving the file......it keeps showing up as a box with an "x" through it.

I went to "Manage Entire Site" and added a folder and called it "pdf". I've uploaded the pdf, but can't get it to display correctly when I create a custom page and try to insert it as a hyperlink to the headline of an article on my "In the News" custom page.

What is the name of the pdf file you have uploaded to your site?

Jonathan
HvacPartsShop.com
Jonathan120265

I have quite a few pdf links on my site, here is the code for one of them, it i set up to open in a new window by using target="_blank":

CODE
<a href="http://hvacpartsshop.net/10ACB_Series.pdf" target="_blank">10ACB Series</a>

Jonathan
HvacPartsShop.com
Avante
QUOTE(Jonathan120265 @ Apr 9 2008, 09:56 AM) *

I have quite a few pdf links on my site, here is the code for one of them, it i set up to open in a new window by using target="_blank":

CODE
<a href="http://hvacpartsshop.net/10ACB_Series.pdf" target="_blank">10ACB Series</a>

Jonathan
HvacPartsShop.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.