Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import / Export Price Levels With Dataport
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
msff
Hi All,
Is there a way to import / export multiple price levels using Dataport? I have a spreadsheet full of items and their associated multiple pricing levels but it doesn't appear to be possible to upload these price levels using Dataport. I would hate to have to manually enter them, even in dataport it is very time consuming.

Anyone got a solution?

Thanks!
msff
totlcomp
QUOTE(msff @ Apr 1 2008, 06:03 PM) *
Hi All,
Is there a way to import / export multiple price levels using Dataport? I have a spreadsheet full of items and their associated multiple pricing levels but it doesn't appear to be possible to upload these price levels using Dataport. I would hate to have to manually enter them, even in dataport it is very time consuming.

Anyone got a solution?

Thanks!
msff

I use Dataport 4 exclusively for dealing with products, and you can import/export price levels no problem with it. The format is:
Default\price;NextPriceLevel\price;NextPriceLevel2\price2, etc...
msff
QUOTE(totlcomp @ Apr 3 2008, 02:26 AM) *
QUOTE(msff @ Apr 1 2008, 06:03 PM) *
Hi All,

Anyone got a solution?

Thanks!
msff

I use Dataport 4 exclusively for dealing with products, and you can import/export price levels no problem with it. The format is:
Default\price;NextPriceLevel\price;NextPriceLevel2\price2, etc...

Hi,
I use Dataport 5. Maybe it's slightly different, but did you mean adding columns directly into the spreadsheet? I tried that and there didn't seem to be any corresponding fields to map my custom price levels to.
totlcomp
QUOTE(msff @ Apr 2 2008, 09:32 PM) *
Hi,
I use Dataport 5. Maybe it's slightly different, but did you mean adding columns directly into the spreadsheet? I tried that and there didn't seem to be any corresponding fields to map my custom price levels to.

Dataport 5 doesn't download (or upload) price level information.

The Price Level field is part of the export file using DP4, which is why I still use it. The format I showed is how you list your price levels in the spreadsheet.

For example, say you have 3 price levels. Your cost is $2 for Widget A. You sell Widget A to retail at cost x 50%. It sells to WholesaleLeve1 1 at cost x 40%, and WholesaleLevel2 at cost x 30%.

The PriceLevel field in your Dataport 4 spreadsheet would look like this:
Default\3.00;WholesaleLevel1\2.80;WholesaleLevel2\2.60

To automate populating the Price Level field, I use the CONCATENATE function in Excel to calculate the price levels based on cost. Cost is cell W2 on my spreadsheet, so your formula (for Widget A) would look like this:
CODE
=CONCATENATE("Default\",ROUND((W2*1.5),2),";","WholesaleLevel1\",ROUND((W2*1.4),2),";","WholesaleLevel2\",ROUND((W2*1.3),2))

I use the ROUND function to limit decimal places to 2.

If you need the installer for DP4, PM me your email address and I'll send it. You can have Dataport 4 and 5 installed on the same machine without issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.