Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Paypal Question
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
reneewood
I just enabled Paypal on my site as a payment option and of course, my very next order came in with that payment method. So the order is highlighted in green. Is there anything special that I should do? Or just process it as a normal order? The message says that the funds were received and "complete". Will this always be the case? Or is there ever a different message that would require me to login to paypal and release funds, accept funds, etc?
MC Team - Eddie
QUOTE(reneewood @ Mar 26 2008, 04:05 PM) *
I just enabled Paypal on my site as a payment option and of course, my very next order came in with that payment method. So the order is highlighted in green. Is there anything special that I should do? Or just process it as a normal order? The message says that the funds were received and "complete". Will this always be the case? Or is there ever a different message that would require me to login to paypal and release funds, accept funds, etc?

When an order is green that means that the customer clicked the button at the end of checking out in paypal which returned them to your site. This means that funds have been accepted. If an order is red, the customer never clicked that button and our system has no way of telling whether or not checkout was complete. As with all orders, I would suggest logging into your account to verify payment has been received but when orders are green that means they completed checkout and returned to your site. The red ones you will always have to verify the order was complete.

-Eddie
reneewood
So I just received a pink highlighted paypal order. I logged onto paypal and see that the order is complete. So I can feel pretty confident processing the order, right? Does the payment go directly to my account? Or do I have to do something special to release the funds to my account? Thanks!
EQPosts
Does the payment go directly to my account? Or do I have to do something special to release the funds to my account?

If you are talking about the order going into your bank account you would have to setup your bank account within P@yP@l, have the account verified, and then you can send the money to your bank account. Otherwise the funds will sit in your P@yP@l account.

You should also take a look at the P@yPal debit card option, you should get a 1% cashback for every purchase using the card. The funds come directly out of your P@P@l account. Depending on the other cards you have this can help offset some of the merchant fees by paying for everyday expenses or invoices.
reneewood
So now I have a pink highlighted order but don't see the funds in Paypal. What does this mean? How do I handle this order? Thanks!
MC Team - Eddie
QUOTE(reneewood @ Mar 31 2008, 11:49 AM) *
So now I have a pink highlighted order but don't see the funds in Paypal. What does this mean? How do I handle this order? Thanks!

This means the customer clicked the PayPal button at the end of checkout and then decided not to purchase. Since they never returned to the site, we have no way of telling if the order was complete. If the funds are not in your PayPal account you will need to cancel this order on the admin panel.

-Eddie
reneewood
Excellent! Thank you so much! The funds are not in my paypal account. I think that's why I quit taking paypal before. I just kept shipping and didn't get paid. My fault!

So just to recap, even though an order comes in as a New Order, if I don't receive an email verification from Paypal and the money is not in my account, then I should cancel the order. Is it possible that the customer thought he did pay? Do you normally contact the customer before you cancel the order just to be sure they knew that the funds did not come through successfully?
Parkeryamaha.com
Reneewood

I would contact the customer before cancelling, you never know, many times when we email customers that start the checkout process and don't finish will finish the order after we email them.
We don't use paypal but do this for all unfinished carts with the email address entered.
Dave
danilyn22
We send a "request for payment" through paypal stating something like "you placed an order using Paypal as the payment method but the transaction was not completed... " etc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.