Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Irked That I'm Paying Double For My Hosting...
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
reneewood
I was dinking around looking at Network Solutions website for the blog hosting prices. Out of curiousity, I checkout out the package that I am currently enrolled in w/ MonsterCommerce. The same package is offered by NetSol for $99. I am paying $199. I put in a phone call to MC and was told that I could change over, but I would have to recreate my website from scratch. I tried to respond with, "but you all were bought out by NetSol two years ago". It stands to reason that the prices would have been adjusted to be consistent with those that NetSol is offering. But no go. There were some shallow promises of "once you go through the migration and truly become NetSol......." but no real answers.

Just had to vent. I've actually been a very satisfied customer with monstersmile.gif. I don't have alot of needs that aren't being met. But having the feeling that I was upsold to the more expensive package prematurely and now knowing that I am paying double for my hosting package when we ARE netsol and no longer monstersmile.gif Commerce....that's simply just not a fair way to treat clients.

Has anyone else checked into the price that they are paying for monstersmile.gif and compared it to what the same service would cost on Network Soutions? Here is the link to their e-commerce package prices: http://www.networksolutions.com/e-commerce/index.jsp
MartiniGuy
QUOTE(reneewood @ Mar 23 2008, 05:47 PM) *
I was dinking around looking at Network Solutions website for the blog hosting prices. Out of curiousity, I checkout out the package that I am currently enrolled in w/ MonsterCommerce. The same package is offered by NetSol for $99. I am paying $199. I put in a phone call to MC and was told that I could change over, but I would have to recreate my website from scratch. I tried to respond with, "but you all were bought out by NetSol two years ago". It stands to reason that the prices would have been adjusted to be consistent with those that NetSol is offering. But no go. There were some shallow promises of "once you go through the migration and truly become NetSol......." but no real answers.

Just had to vent. I've actually been a very satisfied customer with monstersmile.gif. I don't have alot of needs that aren't being met. But having the feeling that I was upsold to the more expensive package prematurely and now knowing that I am paying double for my hosting package when we ARE netsol and no longer monstersmile.gif Commerce....that's simply just not a fair way to treat clients.

Has anyone else checked into the price that they are paying for monstersmile.gif and compared it to what the same service would cost on Network Soutions? Here is the link to their e-commerce package prices: http://www.networksolutions.com/e-commerce/index.jsp

Hey Renee.
I've been on a tri-dedicated server with MC for a few years and paying more.

The bottom line is that everyone on V4 is at the 11th hour before migration. Not worth getting crazy about anything related to MC, the previous billing system, cost structures...etc. I dont love paying more, but netsol made no claims about adjusting pricing or anything else when the purchase was consumated.

Focus on your biz and deal with any specific issues you encounter during and after the migration.

Just my 2 cents.
Monster Support Director

Rene,

What you are sharing is something that many merchants have thought about: I'm on advanced or dedicated hosting, yet if I were to purchase a new package the limits are different thus so are the prices. The more efficient .Net enables us to do such a thing and charge a fair price for the listed limits; the same holds true for the not-so-efficient .asp that 4.x was written in. However, when the time comes for your site to be migrated, whatever limits are currently in play for 7x will apply to your migrated site. All of the details are coming together for the Migration Team, and I assure you that moving to the new cart on your own would certainly be a disadvantage. It won't be very long before you'll begin to see official notifications from us that will give details of when, where, why, etc.

It is a very good point that you raise though, for sure. Thanks for bringing it up so that other merchants could benefit from the answer.

Also, there is no difference between Netsol and MonsterCommerce at this point. While the folks you speak to on the phone when you call are based in the former MonsterCommerce campus, we're all one big family at this point. I started prior to the acquisition and have been trying to make sure that my team understands how confusing it is to customers when we say "we're MC and they are Netsol." It is bad practice and I'll be sure to reinforce what we're trying to communicate: former MC employees are and have been for two years, Netsol employees. So it frustrates me to hear that one of my team members would indicate "once you truly become Netsol." I think what might have been intended is just the v7 version, but the distinction should not be MC and Netsol--other than the current branding. I apologize for that.

Best,

Chris
mamamia
QUOTE(monstersmile.gif Support Director @ Mar 23 2008, 05:45 PM) *

Just had to vent. I've actually been a very satisfied customer with monstersmile.gif . I don't have alot of needs that aren't being met. But having the feeling that I was upsold to the more expensive package prematurely and now knowing that I am paying double for my hosting package when we ARE netsol and no longer monstersmile.gif Commerce....that's simply just not a fair way to treat clients.

Rene,

What you are sharing is something that many merchants have thought about: I'm on advanced or dedicated hosting, yet if I were to purchase a new package the limits are different thus so are the prices. The more efficient .Net enables us to do such a thing and charge a fair price for the listed limits; the same holds true for the not-so-efficient .asp that 4.x was written in. However, when the time comes for your site to be migrated, whatever limits are currently in play for 7x will apply to your migrated site. All of the details are coming together for the Migration Team, and I assure you that moving to the new cart on your own would certainly be a disadvantage. It won't be very long before you'll begin to see official notifications from us that will give details of when, where, why, etc.

It is a very good point that you raise though, for sure. Thanks for bringing it up so that other merchants could benefit from the answer.

Also, there is no difference between Netsol and MonsterCommerce at this point. While the folks you speak to on the phone when you call are based in the former MonsterCommerce campus, we're all one big family at this point. I started prior to the acquisition and have been trying to make sure that my team understands how confusing it is to customers when we say "we're MC and they are Netsol." It is bad practice and I'll be sure to reinforce what we're trying to communicate: former MC employees are and have been for two years, Netsol employees. So it frustrates me to hear that one of my team members would indicate "once you truly become Netsol." I think what might have been intended is just the v7 version, but the distinction should not be MC and Netsol--other than the current branding. I apologize for that.

Best,

Chris

I am so confused!!! My contract for Advanced Hosting V4 dedicated server (6 stores) is coming up for renewal June 3, 2008.

From what I can gather, NS is not currently offering any dedicated servers. So why would I want to renew this contract. (And ... with the NS increase in store's bandwidth, I'm not sure I need this additional service.) MC/NS response to my ticket was to check out the forums for further info. blinking.gif hooray.gif

So who do I talk to to get some "in the know" answers? This is a heck of a time for this renewal to be due!!!!!!
Monster Tech Lead
Hi Anne,

You will need to call into support or sales on this. Also note that Network Solutions hosting is for a different product v7. For 4.x users that had purchased before our merger with Network Solutions they are hosted at a different environment.

Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.