Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taking Orders Offline
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
GrilledPepper
I have an opportunity to "take my show on the road" and set up a booth at an event to sell product from my online store. I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle this and thought I'd see if any of you have ever done something like this. I'd like to be able to take credit cards but not sure if that's possible. I wouldn't have internet access or AC power for that matter.

I could bring a little printing calculator to print off receipts but not sure if there is anyway really to track the items I sell. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jonathan120265
QUOTE(GrilledPepper @ Mar 20 2008, 12:57 PM) *
I have an opportunity to "take my show on the road" and set up a booth at an event to sell product from my online store. I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle this and thought I'd see if any of you have ever done something like this. I'd like to be able to take credit cards but not sure if that's possible. I wouldn't have internet access or AC power for that matter.

I could bring a little printing calculator to print off receipts but not sure if there is anyway really to track the items I sell. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Get a blackberryor wireless internet card, laptop, extra battery and a power converter in the car with virtual payment processing online or run the orders through your website.

Jonathan
HvacPartsShop.com
J&M
What type of items are you selling? Can you post your website address. I sell at Art Shows I might be able to give you some ideas.

Mary

QUOTE(GrilledPepper @ Mar 20 2008, 02:57 PM) *

Thanks!

agkits
I would check with the people that are putting on the show. Most events/tradeshows usually WIFI access and power. Typically you have to pay for the wifi but not always. The last trade show we went to it was about 30 dollars for the 3 day event. What we normally do is bring out laptop and a 19" flat screen monitor. We hook up dual monitors and use a program called "Ultramon" to mirror the 2 monitors. This way they can see what you are doing on the laptop on the other monitor. Most laptops have a VGA or DVI ports on the back to hook up the other monitor to. Another great thing to bring along would be a portable printer. Some customers may see something they like but don't plan to buy right there. Printing out the page directly from your site and giving it to the customer is a great way to get calls after the show. Good luck!

Justyn thumbsup.gif
loxalot
Contact your merchant processor. Some of them have a phone number you can call to process cards. If you don't process the card while the customer is there and give them the items they purchase at that time, you may get taken.

As said before, a laptop with a wireless connection will be the best option. You can then access your merchant processor's virtual terminal and process them that way.
GrilledPepper
All great suggestions, thanks for the tips!

Ryan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.