Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Providing Usps Shipping To Po Boxes Only
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
BamaCat
I ship using FedEx, but of course they don't ship to PO boxes, so I have to email people to tell them that and it's a pain. Is there a way to offer USPS shipping only to people with PO box shipping addresses? I don't want to offer USPS to everyone else. thanks!
Nuriel
Bamcat,

I don't think it can be done (I would love to here that it can and how) The way we deal with it is that we have a disclaimer in the shipping section that all P.O boxes will be shipped via USPS. The only communication with the customer is Shipping Confirmation e-mail with trucking # (done automatically via StoneEdge) We never had one complaint!

Nuriel
macrick
QUOTE(BamaCat @ Mar 16 2008, 01:26 PM) *
I ship using FedEx, but of course they don't ship to PO boxes, so I have to email people to tell them that and it's a pain. Is there a way to offer USPS shipping only to people with PO box shipping addresses? I don't want to offer USPS to everyone else. thanks!

Why not setup a Custom Shipping Method? Call it "USPS For P.O. Boxes Only" They will have to choose it, it want be automatic, but hopefully someone with a P.O. Box will spot it and choose it.
BamaCat
Good idea Mac, I'll give it a try! Now if I can just get customers to actually read when they're on my site....
BamaCat
You'll love this Rick, I added the Custom USPS PO Boxes only, the very next order the customer chooses usps for a regular address. I took the usps option off, it's not worth it. Maybe this will be manageable in V7...
macrick
QUOTE(BamaCat @ Mar 17 2008, 07:06 PM) *
You'll love this Rick, I added the Custom USPS PO Boxes only, the very next order the customer chooses usps for a regular address. I took the usps option off, it's not worth it. Maybe this will be manageable in V7...

Since you can't add this real customer service friendly label to the service, "USPS PO Boxes only, all others will be auto cancelled" You need to just either cancel all of the PO Box orders you get now, live with having to contact them, or just forget about contacting them and just ship it USPS.

I didn't think it was a good solution, it was just the only solution other than the three, I just mentioned. Yes, it really ticks us how customers don't read.
tahj1024
QUOTE(BamaCat @ Mar 17 2008, 08:06 PM) *

Haha, people are FUNNY!!!
andres.choi
Bama: The only thing I can think of is just to put a legend that says " If your shipping address is a PO Box, we'll send your purchase via USPS due to the fact that UPS or FedEx cannot deliver to PO Boxes" or something like that.

Again, this is not the ideal situation or case. Unless you are able to find all the zip codes that belong to PO boxes and therefore set up for those zip codes the ability to choose USPS as an alternative... there's nothing that you could really do

bigedmond
I have this problem. We are using the 4 step checkout and the top of each step, it says USPS must be used for PO boxes, and we have a required check out question saying shipments to PO boxes must use USPS, yet ever week, i get 5 to 10 orders that people select ups for a po box. We want to look into the option of charging them 5 dollars if they make this mistake. Would be nice is monstersmile.gif added a script that would read the address line 1, If it say PO Box, it would automatically set shipping to USPS. Like they do with my International, make it UPS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.