Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding Saturday Delivery
MonsterSmallBusiness Forums > MonsterCommerce > How do I?
BamaCat
Wondering how ya'll add certain shipping services to your orders specifically Saturday shipping?

I've been adding $12.50 as a separate charge to the customers credit card. Plus, online, FedEx doesn't seem to provide a Saturday delivery option when you select FedEx 2 day or priority overnight?
totlcomp
I'm trying to do the same thing - Bama, have you found a solution?
BamaCat
No, I've had to call customers and add a $12.50 charge to their credit card for that. The only time I seem to get requests for Sat delivery is about a week before Xmas. So, I'm not too worried about it. Not sure what I'd do if it were a GC or PayPal order. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
deerefun
Maybe in V7 they will give us all of the UPS and FedEX shipping options. Wouldn't that be nice? Or maybe we can edit the text in the shipping options to say Next Day Air-Saturday Delivery and we could use a $12.50 additive. Probably happen right after they add the Ship Seperate function for large and heavy items.
deerefun
Since we finally have someone with a pulse participating the forums again I want to ask one more time. I have been asking for a "Ship Seperate" setting at the product level since 2003. Will we finally get this in V7.XX?
odditor
QUOTE(BamaCat @ Dec 27 2007, 02:55 PM) *
Wondering how ya'll add certain shipping services to your orders specifically Saturday shipping?

I've been adding $12.50 as a separate charge to the customers credit card. Plus, online, FedEx doesn't seem to provide a Saturday delivery option when you select FedEx 2 day or priority overnight?

We've got a "product" called "Add-On Charge for UPS Next Day - SATURDAY DELIVERY". Usually buyers who are concerned about a product getting to them on Saturday will call us before placing an order. We just order for them and add this "product" to their cart. Not a perfect solution, but a decent workaround.
BamaCat
That's a good idea, but then you have to have that "product" in a particular category, associated with a particular manufacturer, etc.

How do you let them know it's available? Is it a visible product?

too bad we have to resort to sloppy stuff like this.
Katt
I need Saturday delivery too. Adding it as a product won't work for me - has anyone found any other work-around? Also, any word whether this is covered in V7?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.