Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To: Add Free Live Chat For Your Customers!, Adding ChatStat to Your Website for Customer Service.
SendDerek
post Jan 17 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 8,661

Hello!

After doing a little research on the different "Live Chat" programs, deals, and companies, I have finally found a very easy to use (for both client and customer side) program that does it all.

Let me start off with a link to the website in reference, http://www.chatstat.com/ and a link to the one on my MC Website: http://www.catch80sports.com.

You may check out their site and see what services they have to offer. In a short description, they have free services as well as paid services, both great. Also, you have the opportunity to include all of your personal IM clients such as AIM, MSN Messanger, and GTalk (Jabber) all in one location.

The features that stood out to me were these in the FREE version:
  • 2 Operators
  • Statistical Analysis
  • Ability to Initiate a chat with a customer browsing your website.
  • Ability for customers to request a live Skype call from you.
This is how I set my free Live Chat up:
  1. Goto the chatstat.com website and click on download. Or for direct link goodness, click here: http://www.chatstat.com/downloadCount.php.
  2. Once the download is finished, be sure to install the program.
  3. When it is installed, you will need to click on the large ChatStat logo on the Upper Left hand side of the program window and click on Global Settings.
  4. Here in Global Settings, you will click on the ChatStat logo and Click on "Create Account". Follow the instructions on creating an account.
  5. When you get finished creating an account, you'll want to sign into the account by going into the Global Settings, and clicking on the ChatStat icon. There is a "Connect" button you will need to press.
  6. Once connected, you will need to install the java script code on your website. Goto Global Settings->ChatStat Settings->HTML Manager. Copy the code you see in this window.
  7. Paste the code onto your website wherever you want it by using the HTML Editor in the MC Admin Panel. For example, paste the code into the right or left-hand side HTML pages.
  8. Finally, play around with it and enjoy it!
That's it! It's pretty darn powerful for being free. It's easy to make upgrades as well using the On Demand Features. It's pretty cheap as well. Keep the features you want, and dump the ones you don't want. Be sure to view the Complete Tour on what is possible with this great piece of software!

I might sound like a salesman, but dang... I really like that these guys have made such an awesome piece of software available for free. It's simple and works really well also!

This post has been edited by SendDerek: Jan 17 2007, 04:02 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ScribeTimeBiz
post Jan 17 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #2

Average Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,481

Derek,

Thanks for the detailed info. The Live Chat option has been on my LONGGGG list of to-dos to research for my upcoming site. So, it's good to see that a service exists that (possibly) won't be just another monthly expense added to my growing list of expenses.

+Quote Post
SendDerek
post Jan 17 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #3

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,661

Hey! You're welcome!

I'm just glad to help out a little bit. ;)

+Quote Post
baitnhook
post Aug 17 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #4

Average Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,372

Being using chat for 6 months plus, def worth the investment

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 12:12 AM