> Stone Edge - How To Bring In Checkout Questions
bsphere
post Jul 11 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #1

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 587

Hello - I know there are some SEOM users here, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I use 3 checkout questions at the end of checkout, 1) Free Gift Wrap (check box for Yes) 2) Do Not Include Invoice (check box to not include) neither of these two are required 3) Read Terms & Conditions (check box required for YES).

I have begun using SEOM but my one major problem is that I haven't figured out how to get these fields to show up anywhere in SEOM so I have to keep switching to my MC Admin orders to check.

I looked in my DataArchives and noticed that if any of the first 2 questions are checked they come in as CustomCheckoutField and the answer is the Fieldname. I tried the custom fields section but haven't figured it out.

Can anyone help? I'd appreciate it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jared
post Jul 11 2007, 09:49 AM
Post #2

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,665

For whatever reason, the current StoneEdge knowledgebase does not include instructions for downloading monstersmile.gif's custom fields... however, if I remember correctly, you need to set CustomTextFieldName1 through 5 to EXACTLY the same wording as your question in monstersmile.gif... then, the value will be downloaded into the field that matches. (You could also use CustomNumericFieldName1-5 for checkboxes, I believe.) Good luck.

+Quote Post
Barney Stone
post Jul 11 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #3

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,418

Jared is correct. If you set the custom field parameters to match the custom field names in MonsterCommerce, they should get imported with your orders. Give our support staff a call if you need help with that. I will also get an article added to the Knowledge Base on how to set it up.

For info on configuring the way your custom fields are displayed, see the article at:

http://www.stoneedge.com/help/OM_DOC/custo...stom_Fields.htm

Hope that helps,

+Quote Post
bsphere
post Jul 12 2007, 07:33 AM
Post #4

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 587

Thanks Jared and Barney for the replies,
Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. I tried it both ways, first in Custom Text and then Custom Value and although these fields showed up on all my orders, it didn't populate the ones that it was relevant for.

So I will call in to tech support when I have an opportunity. I was thinking that maybe I need an SQL statement to populate them correctly, however I have no knowledge of SQL or the relevant tables I need to reference. Thanks
PS - I have just started using the program and LOVE IT!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 03:44 AM