Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Declined Orders - Charge Shows On Cust. Statement, How do you deal with it - need input for FQA
Nuriel
post Sep 14 2008, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 3,639

Hi all,

I am sure we are not the only one. Every day we get a call from a customer that had incomplete orders or decline orders and they complain that they see more than one charge on their on-line statment and How Dare We to take their money.....

Every time I go with the tedious explanation that when they placed the order and it did not go through their bank does not know it and they place an hold on the funds and it usually disappears within 3 business days.

I would like to ad this segment to "frequently asked questions"

anyone wrote a good explanation that I can use?
I would like to here from you how do you deal with these customers?
P.S. I am using Authorize.net but will switch back to usaEpay after the migration (V7 fully supports udaEpay)

Thanks,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
loxalot
post Sep 14 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #2

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,471

I don't think I've had this issue but once and I told them to call their bank or credit card company to find out more. They can tell them the same story we tell them and the customer will believe it - because it's the bank.

Since we can't void a decline we can't make it go any faster so they have to be patient and wait. If the money is still gone after 3 business days they can then request an invalid charge, until then there's nothing anyone can do.

+Quote Post
mamamia
post Sep 14 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #3

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,542

QUOTE(loxalot @ Sep 14 2008, 01:24 PM) *
I don't think I've had this issue but once and I told them to call their bank or credit card company to find out more. They can tell them the same story we tell them and the customer will believe it - because it's the bank.

Since we can't void a decline we can't make it go any faster so they have to be patient and wait. If the money is still gone after 3 business days they can then request an invalid charge, until then there's nothing anyone can do.

We use the explantion stated above and then tell the customer to look at the particular charge and they will see the word "PENDING". We tell them the bank is waiting for the charge to come through and since the order was declined -- there will be no charge . This seems to be an acceptable explanation.

+Quote Post
leathus
post Oct 18 2008, 05:27 PM
Post #4

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 858

Customer called 2-3 weeks ago asking why we charged yet had not sent the items yet. After explaining the Authorization-only that happens at order submission, and the freezing of funds in anticipation of an actual charge occurring, he said, "oh, so maybe thats what the "pending" here means."

People, what can you do?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 05:40 AM