> My Iphone Rings Everytime An Order Is Placed Online, How-to
Jason Thompson
post Jul 24 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #1

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 7,470

I've had this notification set up for a while and it works well. My iPhone "dings" everytime an order is placed on our MC website. This is how I did it.

Create a filter In your email program to recognize new-order-alert emails. I set up mine to recognize the header in emails from MC, specifically the phrase "new order from the Rag & Bone Bindery boutique". The email filter then forwards a copy of the email to the email address for my iPhone. Did you know your cell phone has an email address? Mine is my phone number @ att.net. The email gets forwarded to my iPhone which recognizes the message as a text message and 'dings'. Then I can read the email in the text message program on the iPhone.

It works well. When I'm away from the office you can often hear my iPhone ding then me proclaim, "We got another order!"

thought I'd share.

Cheers,

Jason
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katt
post Jul 24 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,379

Too cool! FYI, apparently all att phones don't use the same email address. I dug around and found out mine works with myphonenumber@txt.att.net. Here's a list of how to send to other carriers:
http://www.sms411.net/2006/07/how-to-send-...l-to-phone.html

+Quote Post
Jason Thompson
post Jul 24 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,470

True, different phone carriers use different addresses. Thanks for posting that link:

Jason

QUOTE(Katt @ Jul 24 2009, 02:03 PM) *
Too cool! FYI, apparently all att phones don't use the same email address. I dug around and found out mine works with myphonenumber@txt.att.net. Here's a list of how to send to other carriers:

+Quote Post
moshi-moshi
post Jul 24 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #4

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,972

totally cool! thanx for sharing

+Quote Post
geoi310
post Jul 27 2009, 11:30 AM
Post #5

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Jason Thompson @ Jul 24 2009, 12:10 PM) *
I've had this notification set up for a while and it works well. My iPhone "dings" everytime an order is placed on our MC website. This is how I did it.

Create a filter In your email program to recognize new-order-alert emails. I set up mine to recognize the header in emails from MC, specifically the phrase "new order from the Rag & Bone Bindery boutique". The email filter then forwards a copy of the email to the email address for my iPhone. Did you know your cell phone has an email address? Mine is my phone number @ att.net. The email gets forwarded to my iPhone which recognizes the message as a text message and 'dings'. Then I can read the email in the text message program on the iPhone.

It works well. When I'm away from the office you can often hear my iPhone ding then me proclaim, "We got another order!"

thought I'd share.

Cheers,

Jason

Isn't there a charge per txt that is sent unless you are on an unlimited text plan?
That would add up fast.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 05:28 AM