Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uploading Current Customers, How do I make sure their login remains the same?
ImNotWorthy
post Jun 25 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Average Monster
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 9,209

Moving my site from a lesser competitor to monstersmile.gif here in the next few days and I have roughly 10,000 customers with existing logins and passwords. I'd like them to come visit the new site and login as if nothing has changed. Is this possible?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katt
post Jun 25 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,379

I just tried importing a test customer (using MC V4 and DataPort V5). There is no "password" field, but apparently MC creates a random password when the customer is imported. This tells me that you can import your customers, but they will have to click on the "I forgot my password" link so they can log in. Seems a little messy, and I would hate to do that to 10,000 customers. But then again, most databases would encrypt the password anyway, so it's unlikely you're going to have their password in a file. ??

+Quote Post
ImNotWorthy
post Jun 25 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #3

Average Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 9,209

QUOTE(Katt @ Jun 25 2009, 03:46 PM) *
I just tried importing a test customer (using MC V4 and DataPort V5). There is no "password" field, but apparently MC creates a random password when the customer is imported. This tells me that you can import your customers, but they will have to click on the "I forgot my password" link so they can log in. Seems a little messy, and I would hate to do that to 10,000 customers. But then again, most databases would encrypt the password anyway, so it's unlikely you're going to have their password in a file. ??

Yeah, we have a very old site with all that info. Gettnig in with the new version. I hope tech support can help us with that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 10:09 AM