Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Search Engine Advertising, Help !! Trying to get more sales.
vicylyn
post May 31 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #1

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 5,739

Hi,
I have been with monstersmile.gif for just over a year now. I have only 1-10 sales a month. I have about 400 hits a day. I have advertised only myself with search engine submission. Please give advise on what I need to change or where I need to go. I want to desperatly quit my other two jobs and work only at home. Here is my website. Please give feedbackVisit My Website
Thank you
Vicki
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wackyjazz
post May 31 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #2

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 6,283

Give your site a little more time. It takes 3-5 years before a website really starts being productive. G had 933 pages of your site index so you should be in good shape. Advertising can be costly if not done correctly and with G PPC, don't expect a huge amount of sales for the money you spend. You would be better off adding a new page to your site once a week that is a "how to" article or a review of a certain product.

QUOTE(vicylyn @ May 31 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]124956[/snapback]
Hi,
I have been with monstersmile.gif for just over a year now. I have only 1-10 sales a month. I have about 400 hits a day. I have advertised only myself with search engine submission. Please give advise on what I need to change or where I need to go. I want to desperatly quit my other two jobs and work only at home. Here is my website. Please give feedbackVisit My Website
Thank you
Vicki

+Quote Post
vicylyn
post May 31 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #3

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

QUOTE(wackyjazz @ May 31 2007, 08:36 AM) [snapback]124959[/snapback]
Give your site a little more time. It takes 3-5 years before a website really starts being productive. G had 933 pages of your site index so you should be in good shape. Advertising can be costly if not done correctly and with G PPC, don't expect a huge amount of sales for the money you spend. You would be better off adding a new page to your site once a week that is a "how to" article or a review of a certain product.

Hi,
Thank you
Vicki

Thank you for the information. I will work on adding a how to or info page. That sounds fun.
thanks again.
Vicki thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
macrick
post May 31 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #4

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,967

QUOTE(vicylyn @ May 31 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]124962[/snapback]

Hi,
Thank you
Vicki

Thank you for the information. I will work on adding a how to or info page. That sounds fun.
thanks again.
Vicki thumbsup.gif

I agree with Wacky, kinda

You definitely need to add a page/article to your site once a week. But you also need to be looking for links to your site. I believe G PPC is a good thing, in moderation, as a testing ground. You can set you budget and only spend what you can afford. You get the chance to see what keywords may or may not work with your site, which you can use later down the road. In no way am I saying that you ought to through $$ at google and you will get orders, what I am saying is you need to spend some $$ that you can afford so that you can learn which keywords and content gets people to your site. Hopefully, you will get conversions out of it, but definitely you will learn which will help you down the road in SEO.

+Quote Post
vicylyn
post May 31 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #5

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

QUOTE(macrick @ May 31 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]124967[/snapback]

Hi,
Thank you
Vicki

thanks again.
Vicki thumbsup.gif

You definitely need to add a page/article to your site once a week. But you also need to be looking for links to your site. I believe G PPC is a good thing, in moderation, as a testing ground. You can set you budget and only spend what you can afford. You get the chance to see what keywords may or may not work with your site, which you can use later down the road. In no way am I saying that you ought to through $$ at google and you will get orders, what I am saying is you need to spend some $$ that you can afford so that you can learn which keywords and content gets people to your site. Hopefully, you will get conversions out of it, but definitely you will learn which will help you down the road in SEO.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will look into G PPC. I have checked it out before and wanted to try it on a small scale. Just chicken. Thanks again.
Vicki

+Quote Post
macrick
post May 31 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #6

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

QUOTE(vicylyn @ May 31 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]124974[/snapback]

Hi,
Thank you
Vicki

thanks again.
Vicki thumbsup.gif

Thank you so much for your reply. I will look into G PPC. I have checked it out before and wanted to try it on a small scale. Just chicken. Thanks again.
Vicki

Yes, just remember to take baby steps, spend little money, but learn all you can for free. You can bid .05 on some keywords, you may not get great results, but you definitely are going to gain some knowledge. Google does not have any minimums, you could spend $100 over 3 months if you wanted to. That is $33.33 a month, just take it slow and small, but make yourself think about what keywords people would search on to get to your site, tell google to only give you people who are in the US if you just sell to the US, if you only want to target your local city, you can do that as well.

+Quote Post
vicylyn
post May 31 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #7

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

QUOTE(macrick @ May 31 2007, 11:51 AM) [snapback]124977[/snapback]
QUOTE(vicylyn @ May 31 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]124974[/snapback]

Hi,
Thank you
Vicki

thanks again.
Vicki thumbsup.gif

Vicki

Yes, just remember to take baby steps, spend little money, but learn all you can for free. You can bid .05 on some keywords, you may not get great results, but you definitely are going to gain some knowledge. Google does not have any minimums, you could spend $100 over 3 months if you wanted to. That is $33.33 a month, just take it slow and small, but make yourself think about what keywords people would search on to get to your site, tell google to only give you people who are in the US if you just sell to the US, if you only want to target your local city, you can do that as well.

Thanks so much for the info. I am heading home now to work on my web pages. thank you and look forward to more comments if you have.
Vicki

+Quote Post
Greencatcher
post Jun 6 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #8

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,746

Hello

I have been at it for about 2 years and am slowly growing. I am still at the day job and do not see myself doing my website full time for at least another year.

I would suggest rather than doing ppc with g00gle or yah00, go with shopping.com or pricegrabber.com you will get more shoppers than you will lookers so your conversion will be better. at shopping.com or pricegrabber.com, and there are others, the customer actually sees the product and clicks on the product not an ad.

Also look to do some Search Engine Optimization and get some one way links. This can be time consuming and expensive but it is worth it. I used a company called handsubmit.com for search engine optimization and the same person owns onewaylinks.com which I also used and my rankings on the search engines went up in the first few weeks. Look them over.

Al

+Quote Post
flackster
post Dec 14 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #9

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,331

If you are getting into adwords and doing it yourself check out this book. Perry Marshall

He really is the man, and it's a great short read for us do it yourself types.

Slow and steady is the way to go!

+Quote Post
mamamia
post Dec 14 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #10

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,542

I would move the Browse Products link to the bottom of the page. To me there is no rhyme, or reason, to the way the products are listed. When a customer clicks on the BP link, they may never find what they are looking for, become frustrated and leave.

In my view the only reason to use this link is for the search engines. It is a very helpful tool for new sites and getting pages listed, but I certainly would not use it in such a prominent position on the page(s).

This post has been edited by mamamia: Dec 14 2007, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
Nancy
post Dec 15 2007, 07:46 AM
Post #11

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 284

I clicked on an item to put it in my card and got the "Security Alert" warning. That stops me from buying right there. It was this item
http://www.kitchenenvy.com/index.asp?PageA...&ProdID=107

+Quote Post
macrick
post Dec 15 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #12

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nancy @ Dec 15 2007, 09:10 AM) *
I clicked on an item to put it in my card and got the "Security Alert" warning. That stops me from buying right there. It was this item
http://www.kitchenenvy.com/index.asp?PageA...&ProdID=107

Most of been a browser problem, or a temporary problem. I put it in my cart, no Security errors.

+Quote Post
flackster
post Dec 15 2007, 07:00 PM
Post #13

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,331

I love the concept around your site as well BTW.

I did get the message, some images on this page are not secure... proceed anyway?, when trying to add an item to your cart. You must have an absolute link to an image somewhere in the margins of your pages. I bet it is this code right here....

src="http://www.americasbest.com/images/ab_listed_on.gif" alt="AmericasBest.com" width="115" height="119"></a>
</td>

Try hosting that image on your site, versus linking to it. This is where you are getting that security message. Fixing this will give you a big boost! (there may be more BTW, but this was the one I found on first look)

Our conversion rate also when up 50% when we used the two step checkout versus the four. Items like yours (I think) need to be a fast and easy buy, I would set up the two step version of the cart.

Also IMHO you have too many categories... it confuses me. Could you maybe group stuff together and then set up sub-categories. Your LCD Kitchen TV one shows up as empty. This is a turn off, hide it until you are ready to sell something there.

+Quote Post
mamamia
post Dec 15 2007, 07:05 PM
Post #14

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,542

I get the security warning when I click on "new customer" button and go into checkout. I believe the problem is the Americas Best.com logo it
does not link to a secure page.

+Quote Post
Parkeryamaha.com
post Dec 16 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #15

Monster Yoda
Group Icon

Member No.: 421

I got the error also when adding to cart
Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 05:37 AM