> Paypal Standard, ATTN: Shipping Charges
ArcoJedi
post Feb 25 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: Guests
Member No.: 10

This is just a quick note for every client that uses PayPal standard. If you use PayPal Express or PayPal Direct, then this does not affect you.

It has come to our attention that PayPal has added a new feature where they will auto-calculate shipping charges and add it to the total that our software sends to PayPal. Whereas this is an excellent feature for them to add for their general business clients, this can easily cause a situation where your customers that choose PayPal standard are double billed for shipping. Unfortunately, from the folks we have spoken to who have already been affected by this, the feature has been turned on by default.

Please make sure that you are reviewing your settings with PayPal as this is a new feature that you need to be aware of. Also, if a merchant with a PayPal account can post some instructions in this thread for how to turn off this feature it would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BamaCat
post Feb 28 2008, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 7,707

Thanks for the heads up, I use Standard, got an order 2/27, no problem. I looked in my shipping settings and don't see any auto-calculate option?

+Quote Post
tahj1024
post Feb 29 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: Posting Members
Member No.: 10,039

same here. i had no problems with a test order

+Quote Post
ArcoJedi
post Feb 29 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: Guests
Member No.: 10

We got a decent-sized group of calls on this issue with some clients getting affected adversely. I thought it might be good to post a warning. However, it's possible that PayPal changed the default back, which would have been smart of them. happy.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 03:53 AM