purplekitty
post Nov 29 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Platinum Monster
Group Icon

Group: Merchant Mods
Member No.: 689

Question for someone who knows...

The debate message board I frequent is hosted by Network Solutions. Saturday, they changed servers and Monday cancelled the old account. Most of the DNS servers have propagated and the majority of us can see the new board. There are a few stragglers that still cannot access the new board and are getting an error message from the previous host because the old board account was deleted.

What would be the cause of some people still not being able to get to the new board? One of the members has been in email communication with her ISP and received this email:

I have done several searches on the internet for domain names, IP addresses, and MX records and can find nothing for
www.momswhothink.com . It would still seem to be a problem with whoever is hosting that site, since it does not show up in any records or searches. Could you get us the IP address or more information about the host?

Obviously it exists or the rest of us wouldn't be there. Thoughts? Suggestions?

This is the error message some are seeing when trying to access the site:

Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to .) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.

Is this related to hosting with NetSol or is that what they're seeing because the other board was deleted and they're still going through old DNS servers?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MartiniGuy
post Nov 29 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #2

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: MonsterVIP
Member No.: 76

QUOTE(purplekitty @ Nov 29 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]118756[/snapback]

Question for someone who knows...

The debate message board I frequent is hosted by Network Solutions. Saturday, they changed servers and Monday cancelled the old account. Most of the DNS servers have propagated and the majority of us can see the new board. There are a few stragglers that still cannot access the new board and are getting an error message from the previous host because the old board account was deleted.

What would be the cause of some people still not being able to get to the new board? One of the members has been in email communication with her ISP and received this email:

I have done several searches on the internet for domain names, IP addresses, and MX records and can find nothing for
www.momswhothink.com . It would still seem to be a problem with whoever is hosting that site, since it does not show up in any records or searches. Could you get us the IP address or more information about the host?

Obviously it exists or the rest of us wouldn't be there. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Hey PK.
That sounds funky, but perhaps whichever DNS they are tapping was offline during the propagation cycle? Seems like a long time--but they'll probably catch up.
Very odd situation?
I got the site with no problem.
Hope it clears up for you soon!

This post has been edited by MartiniGuy: Nov 29 2006, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
purplekitty
post Nov 29 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #3

Platinum Monster
Group Icon

Group: Merchant Mods
Member No.: 689

QUOTE(MartiniGuy @ Nov 29 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]118757[/snapback]

Hey PK.
That sounds funky, but perhaps whichever DNS they are tapping was offline during the propagation cycle? Seems like a long time--but they'll probably catch up.
Very odd situation?

Would that be possible for people all over the world? The people still out aren't close geographically.

+Quote Post
MartiniGuy
post Nov 29 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #4

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: MonsterVIP
Member No.: 76

QUOTE(purplekitty @ Nov 29 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]118758[/snapback]

QUOTE(MartiniGuy @ Nov 29 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]118757[/snapback]

Hey PK.
Very odd situation?

Would that be possible for people all over the world? The people still out aren't close geographically.

Hey PK. I guess that anything is possible--but I wouldn't call it likely. I just had a friend check it;he's in Belize right now--and he said it came up no problem.

When the DNS was for the domain was updated--is it possible that the backup pointer was set incorrectly (mistyped perhaps?)????

This post has been edited by MartiniGuy: Nov 29 2006, 05:26 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 09:54 AM