> Considering Stone Edge- Opinions?
janetc
post Apr 9 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 97

We are seriously considering Stone Edge in light of the mandatory migration. We typically process an average of 50 orders a day between our sites and want to use it for Endicia, UPS and accuracy in order fulfillment / inventory control (with bar code scanner). Anybody currently using it for these goals? Opinions? Gripes? If you are in South Florida, I would love see it in action.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Janet C.
www.rollingpaperwarehouse.com

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boatersoutlet
post Apr 9 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,910

QUOTE(janetc @ Apr 9 2008, 01:22 PM) *
We are seriously considering Stone Edge in light of the mandatory migration. We typically process an average of 50 orders a day between our sites and want to use it for Endicia, UPS and accuracy in order fulfillment / inventory control (with bar code scanner). Anybody currently using it for these goals? Opinions? Gripes? If you are in South Florida, I would love see it in action.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Janet C.
www.rollingpaperwarehouse.com

We have been using StoneEdge for over a year now, although we haven't integrated it with WorldShip yet. As for order processing ,it has made a huge difference for us. During the summer months we process over 100 orders a day. Before StoneEdge, this would take us around 10 hours, now we can have it done in about 4 hours. If you have a brick and mortar, the POS leaves a lot to be desired. Also, the reports are horrendous. We are currently getting some custom reports made for us because the built in reports are useless. For the money, you can't beat it for online stores. Also, if you have anybody with Access knowledge, it can be tweaked. We are not so fortunate cry.gif Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

+Quote Post
Nuriel
post Apr 9 2008, 03:57 PM
Post #3

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,639

Janett,

The longer you wait the more you will regret it later. We started to use Stoneedge when we avarged less than 20 orders a day. There is a big learning curve. but all in all it is a fantastic program. I suggest picking up the phone and ordering it tomorrow. I also recomend purchasing the express set-up It will give you a jump start.

Feel Free to contact me with any questions,

Nuriel

+Quote Post
Ptch3456
post Apr 10 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #4

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: MonsterVIP
Member No.: 3,868

I can't imagine processing even 20 orders a day without it - much less 50 or more. During the holidays we can exceed 150 a day - and it is a breeze. I shudder to think of returning to the old way.

There is a learning curve - and the admin panel is rather "overwhelming" upon first inspection - but once you figure out what you are looking at, and the relationships between the myriad of settings, you will truly wonder how you got along without it.

Specifically regarding shipping - we still export an continually updated order CSV and use Wordship and Endicia separately to pull data into from that CSV. Then, we load the Worldship/Endicia CSV into StoneEdge every afternoon after we are done with the day's shipments. We are not using it with the integrated shipping. I think the only reason why is that we've gotten used to doing it the other way.

Even with the yearly support - the cost is nominal, in my opinion.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 03:47 AM