Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> E-checks? Will We Ever Get It?, Or can we take it now?
deerefun
post Jun 2 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,495

All B/S asside. Can we now or will we ever be allowed to accept E-checks? Our processor (Authorize.net) offers it. Why isn't it integrated, if it is not? If monstersmile.gif isn't going to integrate it can we offer it thru a custom payment method? If anyone has any history of E-checks can you tell me the pro's and con's? We have multiple requests on a weekly basis.
Thanks
Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monster Support ...
post Jun 2 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #2

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5,439

QUOTE(deerefun @ Jun 2 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]125041[/snapback]
All B/S asside. Can we now or will we ever be allowed to accept E-checks? Our processor (Authorize.net) offers it. Why isn't it integrated, if it is not? If monstersmile.gif isn't going to integrate it can we offer it thru a custom payment method? If anyone has any history of E-checks can you tell me the pro's and con's? We have multiple requests on a weekly basis.
Thanks
Steve

You certainly could do checks through custom payment manager. Just as with any custom payment though, you'd have to run it "offline" and it would add some manual time to fulfilling those particular customer orders.

Based on the research I've read, most customers prefer to use plastic when shopping on line (probably because that is what is most-offered; read: if more people started demanding e-checks or otherwise, merchants would have to change their methods to accommodate the customer).

If you need help setting that up Steve, we can certainly do so. Or I imagine multiple merchants in the forums would be happy to light the way. Best of luck!

Chris

+Quote Post
deerefun
post Jun 2 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #3

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

QUOTE(monstersmile.gif Support Director @ Jun 2 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]125048[/snapback]
QUOTE(deerefun @ Jun 2 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]125041[/snapback]
Thanks
Steve

You certainly could do checks through custom payment manager. Just as with any custom payment though, you'd have to run it "offline" and it would add some manual time to fulfilling those particular customer orders.

Based on the research I've read, most customers prefer to use plastic when shopping on line (probably because that is what is most-offered; read: if more people started demanding e-checks or otherwise, merchants would have to change their methods to accommodate the customer).

If you need help setting that up Steve, we can certainly do so. Or I imagine multiple merchants in the forums would be happy to light the way. Best of luck!

Chris

So I guess that means you won't be implementing it for us? Will it even get logged as a request?
Thanks
Steve

+Quote Post
sgrover
post Jun 2 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #4

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: MonsterVIP
Member No.: 3,898

With more and more people using Visa/Mastercard branded debit cards that are linked to their checking accounts, is e-check really a big deal anymore?

+Quote Post
Monster Support ...
post Jun 3 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #5

Monster PHD
Group Icon

So I guess that means you won't be implementing it for us? Will it even get logged as a request?
Thanks
Steve

I can certainly do so for you Steve. I've only heard the request a couple of times, but that doesn't mean that others haven't reported it. Mine is not the last voice before something gets implemented in the cart. Mine is pretty loud though. happy.gif

Whenever it makes sense and we have a lot of requests or many clients requesting a feature, that's when it gets more attention. I am not telling you anything new though.

Certainly the debit card revolution has minimized the need--but that doesn't mean it won't go into the feature request bucket.

Thanks for your thoughts, Steve.

Chris

+Quote Post
deerefun
post Jun 3 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #6

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

QUOTE(monstersmile.gif Support Director @ Jun 3 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]125056[/snapback]
Thanks
Steve

I can certainly do so for you Steve. I've only heard the request a couple of times, but that doesn't mean that others haven't reported it. Mine is not the last voice before something gets implemented in the cart. Mine is pretty loud though. happy.gif

Whenever it makes sense and we have a lot of requests or many clients requesting a feature, that's when it gets more attention. I am not telling you anything new though.

Certainly the debit card revolution has minimized the need--but that doesn't mean it won't go into the feature request bucket.

Thanks for your thoughts, Steve.

Chris

With the products that we sell we have quite a number of rural customers. Now I realize that in the big city banks everyone has debit cards or credit cards but when you get out to the sticks people aren't so quick to adapt to the modern ways. These are the same customers usually that can't understand why we don't have a print catalog. It may only account for 2 or 3% of my business but why wouldn't I want to sell to these people also? Authorize.net offers it so why would it be that difficult to implement?
Thank you

+Quote Post
bibledude
post Jun 4 2007, 04:58 AM
Post #7

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 1,368

I've wanted integrated e-checks for years. I usually get at least one customer call a week asking if they can pay by e-check. Please add my request for integrated e-checks. Are there any monstersmile.gif stores successfully taking them as a custom payment option? Please chime in!

+Quote Post
Keepfiler
post Jun 9 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #8

Average Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,115

Please keep me on the list as well for e-checks.

We have quite a few schools and gov. inst. that ask if they can pay by PO and check it is a hassel so e-check would be great. Now I don't know if EpayUSA support this but if they don't they should consider it.

Keep

+Quote Post
danilyn22
post Aug 3 2007, 07:38 AM
Post #9

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 260

We get two or three folks a week asking for echeck payment options. This is becoming an acceptable means of payment although I personally am uncomfortable putting my checking acct info out there on the internet!!

+Quote Post
agkits
post Aug 3 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #10

Monster General
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 1,041

With more and more people using Visa/Mastercard branded debit cards that are linked to their checking accounts, is e-check really a big deal anymore?

Maybe its the industry. I'm w/ Steve on this one. Farmers like checks. I don't know why. Maybe they use them for everything. However we looked into echeck services and the rates aren't very great. The monthly cost plus the processing fees have yet to out weight the call volume. Catch 22 though... If we have it ...they will shop?

Justyn

+Quote Post
Monster Support ...
post Aug 5 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #11

Monster PHD
Group Icon

QUOTE(agkits @ Aug 3 2007, 10:32 AM) *

Maybe its the industry. I'm w/ Steve on this one. Farmers like checks. I don't know why. Maybe they use them for everything. However we looked into echeck services and the rates aren't very great. The monthly cost plus the processing fees have yet to out weight the call volume. Catch 22 though... If we have it ...they will shop?

Justyn

That's a good point--hard to predict exactly how many customers aren't buying because you don't take checks or how many would if you did.

The feature request has been logged. Certainly in light of the new e-commerce package most of the feature requests will roll into the new software bucket. Of course, some of them are already implemented, while others may be in the future.

As you know, we'll keep you posted on new developments and ideas that we have.

Chris

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 09:45 PM