> Endicia, Anyone using/used this?
KennyE
post Jul 12 2007, 05:11 AM
Post #1

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 6,397

I have been working at the shop helping with shipping. If I'm down there, that means we're getting slammed. Since we do a great deal of International shipping we use USPS a great deal. And FPO/APO address generally require a hand written Customs declaration. And my hands are starting to hurt!! happy.gif

Our Post Office recommended Dazzle - which as it turns out is for bulk mailings. We don't do those currently, so that is out. However, that software is made by Endicia. Who's used/uses any of this software? The write up says it can import from MC much like UPS Worldship and auto fill the customs forms, etc. And even possibly interface with StoneEdge. Looking for feedback, info, do's/don'ts if anyone cares to opine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Barney Stone
post Jul 12 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #2

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,418

QUOTE(KennyE @ Jul 12 2007, 08:35 AM) *
I have been working at the shop helping with shipping. If I'm down there, that means we're getting slammed. Since we do a great deal of International shipping we use USPS a great deal. And FPO/APO address generally require a hand written Customs declaration. And my hands are starting to hurt!! happy.gif

Our Post Office recommended Dazzle - which as it turns out is for bulk mailings. We don't do those currently, so that is out. However, that software is made by Endicia. Who's used/uses any of this software? The write up says it can import from MC much like UPS Worldship and auto fill the customs forms, etc. And even possibly interface with StoneEdge. Looking for feedback, info, do's/don'ts if anyone cares to opine.
Dazzle may work for bulk mailings, but I think most Dazzle users use it for shipping packages. A substantial percentage of Stone Edge users work with it. I would recommend it for anyone who ships packages via USPS.

+Quote Post
KennyE
post Jul 13 2007, 03:51 AM
Post #3

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(Barney Stone @ Jul 12 2007, 04:03 PM) *
Dazzle may work for bulk mailings, but I think most Dazzle users use it for shipping packages. A substantial percentage of Stone Edge users work with it. I would recommend it for anyone who ships packages via USPS.

Hi Barney,

Hmmm, I thought the info on Dazzle said it was directed more towards bulk mailings than single shipments. That's why I had Tracy and Ali looking at Endicia Premium (or Premier). I'll have to pass the info back that you think Dazzle integrates well in SE.

BTW, still don't have SE up and going. Has a lot to do with the way our previous web designer was entering products. We've had to clean up a ton-o-stuff to get the products to import correctly. We'll have it up and running, soon. Or so we hope! :-)

This post has been edited by KennyE: Jul 13 2007, 03:57 AM

+Quote Post
deerefun
post Jul 13 2007, 05:37 AM
Post #4

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,495

We use it. Used it to import from monstersmile.gif and now with SE. Works great with both.

+Quote Post
KennyE
post Jul 13 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #5

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

QUOTE(deerefun @ Jul 13 2007, 08:01 AM) *
We use it. Used it to import from monstersmile.gif and now with SE. Works great with both.

Steve,

You're talking specifically about Dazzle? Just want to be sure.

+Quote Post
deerefun
post Jul 13 2007, 06:21 AM
Post #6

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,495

Actually I wasn't here when they started using it but I think they signed up with Endicia to purchase postage and it uses Dazzle for addressing. I know we use both jointly.
steve

QUOTE(KennyE @ Jul 13 2007, 08:28 AM) *
QUOTE(deerefun @ Jul 13 2007, 08:01 AM) *

Steve,

You're talking specifically about Dazzle? Just want to be sure.

+Quote Post
KennyE
post Jul 13 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #7

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

Thanks, Steve. I'll pass on the info to the powers that be.

+Quote Post
cjs
post Jul 13 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #8

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,289

Same here...signed up for Endica Premier but to use the address function (import and export addresses) you also need Dazzle which is a free download once you are signed up with Endica. We use it to ship all of our USPS packages - domestic and international and all services - 1st class, priority, express.

+Quote Post
Furlongs
post Nov 16 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #9

Average Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,755

Anyone know how to export customer orders from the monstersmile.gif cart into Endicia?

We have Dataport & just signed up with Endicia/Dazzle, but can not find any information from either.

Endicia tech support told me:
"Any setup instructions would come from our partner site or support not Endicia. They program to work with us, not the other way around. Contact MonsterCommerce for setup help."

Dataport created an Excel file specially formatted for Endicia. - But I have no idea how to upload it.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
cjs
post Nov 18 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #10

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,289

Not sure if this will help...but we open dazzle, go to the "address book" tab, then on the toolbar under File, there is a "import" selection. Choose that and browse to the file that you saved from dataport. Then follow the prompts.

It works that way for us.

+Quote Post
Furlongs
post Nov 20 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #11

Average Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 10,755

Thanks - That is the way.

I discovered it eventually. Just didn't realize you needed to open address book to do it.

+Quote Post
daddies420
post Nov 21 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #12

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,469

We use Endicia and it works great we ship tons of orders through the USPS and UPS. You need to download Dazzle and design your labels for the printer you are using. Then download Galaxy from the same place you downloaded Dazzle. You then setup the database information. Use the order ID as your identifier.
If you are using UPS worldship and have this automated you can use Galaxy to pull from the same CSV file. This way you can download your orders to one file and then run Galaxy to automate your USPS shipments and Worldship for your ups shipments and they all pull from the same CSV file you download from Dataport.
Basically you run Galaxy and punch in your order no and then it pulls the order address, weight, and shipping class and then you hit print.
We have reduced so many errors with this system.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 09:40 PM