> Online Vs. Ofline Processing?
chipsandgames
post Dec 4 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 2,005

We have been selling online since 1988 but since we used to have retail stores, we have just stayed with the manual terminal through the years. So, non of our orders are pre-authorized, we get a few bad card number or declines every day when we manually process the transactions, and then the labor of inputting all the credit card info manually and address verify.

Are we crazy for doing this? Should we switch to online processing? WHo would you recommend to go with?

Does the online processing just pre-authorize transactions and we have to complete the charge afterwards?

Mike,

ChipsAndGames.com

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katt
post Dec 5 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #2

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 8,379

We use authorize.net and have been happy with them. You can set it to authorize only then charge the card later, but this creates too much extra work for us so we actually charge the card at checkout.

Check laws in your state regarding how long you have to ship after you've made a charge to the card, but in general I believe you must ship within the promised or advertised time frame or offer the customer the option to cancel if you cannot ship on time (Dell was sued for this and now pads their shipping dates). Some states may have stricter laws. I often hear people say, "You can't charge the card until you ship the item!" but there is no federal law like that (that I'm aware of) so maybe some credit card processors require this or maybe some state laws require it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 05:37 AM