> Paypal Question...
dpcmichele
post Aug 5 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Average Monster
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 9,817

I just received this email from Paypal...

We're upgrading PayPal Payflow Link accounts. The new version will have all the features you enjoy now, and you'll find it easier to use, too.

If you haven’t already upgraded to the new Payflow Link service, you can take the following steps to access these features and continue to smoothly process transactions before the holiday season begins.

What you need to do by August 31, 2008:

1. Access your website's HTML code or your shopping cart's configuration interface.

2. Look for and replace all instances of https://payments.verisign.com/payflowlink with the new URL: https://payflowlink.paypal.com

3. Make a test purchase on your website to be sure the new URL is displayed.

I don't see those links on my site. Is Payflow completely different then PayPal Express and therefore I don't need to upgrade anything or is this even something that is accessible to me? Or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Michele
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ArcoJedi
post Aug 5 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: Guests
Member No.: 10

Michele,

Our software does not currently, nor has it ever recently supported Payflow Link as a payment gateway option. This looks like a general message that PayPal sent out to all of their merchants. Most likely, since you don't use Payflow Link in your MC / NetSol site, you don't need to do anything. Payflow Link and Payflow Pro were the two options available before PayPal purchased Verisign. Payflow Pro IS available in our software, but not Link.

I hope this helps.

+Quote Post
aoeartworld
post Aug 9 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #3

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 9,223

QUOTE(ArcoJedi @ Aug 5 2008, 12:51 PM) *
Michele,

Our software does not currently, nor has it ever recently supported Payflow Link as a payment gateway option. This looks like a general message that PayPal sent out to all of their merchants. Most likely, since you don't use Payflow Link in your MC / NetSol site, you don't need to do anything. Payflow Link and Payflow Pro were the two options available before PayPal purchased Verisign. Payflow Pro IS available in our software, but not Link.

I hope this helps.

So does this mean that you have upgraded the SDK that I keep getting notices about from Paypal? We are upgrading our store POS but don't know what any of this means for the website transactions. We used to have Verisign and have Payflow now. I'm not a developer/programmer person so the Paypal notices have been difficult for us to understand. Hope you can put our minds at ease about the website transactions.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 09:51 AM