> Paypal Express Checkout
danilyn22
post Dec 4 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #1

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 260

I have google checkout on our site and we were recently approached by paypal to put paypal express on the site as well. We currently use regular Paypal.

I am wondering "WHY". For paypal, I can see that being listed before the order goes into checkout, like Google Checkout does, would be benefital but are there any other advantages for me.

If you are currently using PP express, how is it working for you. Has it made any difference to your business.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EQPosts
post Dec 4 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,797

We have used it for a while and it seems to bring in a few customers that I think would not have ordered anything. The option does not show up like google checkout on the view cart page but once you select checkout you have the option to show it on the top of the page first.

Most our customers use the normal payment method of CC. The problem with PayPal express is that the customer leaves your website and goes to the paypal server. You also have to keep an eye on these orders because of the PayPal Resolution options for customers. You may experience an issue with a customer paying with the PayPal Express which is their (unverified) PayPal account and as soon as they receive it they file a complaint stating they never received the item(s). You as a seller are not protected and will 99.999999999999999999% of the time loose the battle even when meeting all requirements and showing proof of shipping. Can this happen yes, does it happen all the time no. Just like chargebacks they are a part of doing business but you want to keep your eye out and keep these down to a very small amount. We have experienced 1 chargeback and 2 PayPal issues since we have been in business, which is 3 too many but they happen.

Have you asked some of your customers what they like paying with and have any of them asked for the PayPal option? Some people say PayPal makes the business look unprofessional and some say it has helped grow their business. Poll your customers and review what other websites in your market are offering.

This post has been edited by equickxpress: Dec 4 2007, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post
LJShopping.Net
post Apr 2 2008, 07:43 PM
Post #3

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,052

We have used Paypal express but then moved to regular paypal. both worked the same, no changes. As long as you are giving your customer options to pay you are in good position. We offer Google Checkout, All major credit cards and paypal and working on BillMeLater Option.

+Quote Post
danilyn22
post Apr 3 2008, 07:08 AM
Post #4

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 260

LJshopping... Can I ask why you chose to go to regular paypal vs Paypal Express. When we switched to Paypal Express our Paypal checkouts skyrocketed and we get charged a smaller fee then if they paid with a credit card plus, it is my understanding, that we do not have to worry about unconfirmed addresses using Express.

+Quote Post
EQPosts
post Apr 3 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #5

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,797

I do not think PayPal has changed there policy on shipping to unconfirmed addresses, info from PayPal is below:

Seller Protection Policy (part of)
Item is shipped to an eligible address.
For your transaction to qualify, you must ship the item to an eligible address. PayPal is continually working to increase the number of eligible buyer addresses. To determine shipping address eligibility, refer to the shipping address area of your Transaction Details page.

I know with Express orders if the address is not confirmed your transaction record will show that you are ineligible for the Seller Protection.

Also if you choose to send the item anyways and the customer then files they never received it, more than like even with the proof you sent it and they received it, you generally will not win the case. This is not fair for sellers and I think when customers open paypal accounts it should be a requirement to verify your address before you can make purchases. Just my 2 cents.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 01:56 AM