> Daily Tasks Of Ecommerce
Josh
post Nov 2 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #1

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 4,689

I'm going to be moving into doing eCommerce full time in January. I know each business and industry are different but what are some of daily tasks of running your online business?

Josh
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
loxalot
post Nov 2 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #2

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 4,471

Checking orders; checking avs/cvv2 response codes before processing orders; checking stats; checking/modifying ads; responding to emails; assigning tasks for my supplier's rep; creating PO's; returning phone calls; updating/adding products and/or variants; checking forums for new posts; packing orders; shipping orders; processing invoices from my suppliers; updating quickbooks; backing up all portions of the site (weekly)

I'm sure there's more that I do each day but I can't think of them.

+Quote Post
macrick
post Nov 2 2006, 10:13 PM
Post #3

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 4,967

QUOTE(loxalot @ Nov 2 2006, 09:40 PM) [snapback]117743[/snapback]

Checking orders; checking avs/cvv2 response codes before processing orders; checking stats; checking/modifying ads; responding to emails; assigning tasks for my supplier's rep; creating PO's; returning phone calls; updating/adding products and/or variants; checking forums for new posts; packing orders; shipping orders; processing invoices from my suppliers; updating quickbooks; backing up all portions of the site (weekly)

I'm sure there's more that I do each day but I can't think of them.

This is a good question. I would ad the following, knowing that I will leave out many more as well.

Adding content to the site, keywords, products, modfifying pictures, updating sitemaps, adding listings in directories, creating shipping labels, sending tracking emails, answering the sales inquiries.

+Quote Post
Monster Tech Lea...
post Nov 3 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #4

Monster Yoda
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,798

Hi Josh,

There are many, many things that go into a running an online store, just like any other business. I would recommend checking out our partner site to these forums:

http://www.monstersmallbusiness.com/

This site has a lot of information on planning your site, building it and growing it form the ground up.

I hope that this information can help. Also if you are looking for some more documentation on our products checkout -

http://kb.monstercommerce.com

Joe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2018 - 12:02 AM