Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Customers Not Getting Order Confirmation Page?, Appreciate any info or reports of similar behavior
xyzzy
post Jan 3 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #1

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 3,720

Since about the end of November 07, I've received a few (a total of four now) reports from customers that place an order and click to confirm the order but the site doesn't take them to their order confirmation page so they can print it for their records.

I've never had this problem before.
Before November, no customer had ever reported the behavior.
I've tried to test and replicate but have been unsuccessful.
I've not been able to get any of the customers to tell me their browser versions (I was thinking maybe I'm getting more Mac users and there could be a browser version having trouble but no answers back yet from customers on that).
Nothing has changed in months and months (at least nothing by me).
I am the only site admin.
It has happened to customers who check out as guest as well as registered.
The orders always go through ok.

Anyone else seen similar behavior from their site?

Any ideas where I can start checking to see what might be causing it?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Taylor
Ediblenature.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maiasaura
post Jan 3 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #2

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,171

QUOTE(xyzzy @ Jan 3 2008, 10:46 AM) *
Since about the end of November 07, I've received a few (a total of four now) reports from customers that place an order and click to confirm the order but the site doesn't take them to their order confirmation page so they can print it for their records.

Funny coincidence--I encountered that same situation when testing a new site. Enter the transaction info, hit enter and . . . well, nothing. I got an email confirmation for the credit card gateway, but nothing from MC's end. The intrepid boys at tech support kindly suggested I was in error. Until recently I've had to test with live data, so I held off on proving my case. I have a test account now, so I should get back to it.

+Quote Post
Monster Tech Lea...
post Jan 4 2008, 05:48 AM
Post #3

Monster Yoda
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,798

Hi All,

A normal cause for this is if you have a ton of keywords in Settings >> Site Wide Settings >> System Options tab, if you are using FireFox, for some reason if there is just a ton of content in that field it will cause the confirmation page to not display. Not sure why but we know it just has something to do with the way FireFox handles that meta tag.

I would try removing your keyword content, test check out again and it should work. Simply reduce the number of keywords you have and you should be good.

In terms of seo on this, we have seen that the number of keywords that clients have entered on their site where this has happened really is just too many keywords for good SEO and our SEO team members have recommend that the clients that had this happen in the past use more specific keywords that are selective for their site and not to spam the keyword tag.

If you have any questions or are still seeing this issue after the fact please call us in support.

Joe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 10:04 AM