Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Note

This area is for feedback regarding the forums only and NOT for feedback regarding MonsterCommerce software. please post software feedback here or in the appropriate subforum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where Are The Monstahs
Greencatcher
post May 5 2007, 08:30 AM
Post #1

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 4,746

Hello;

When I first joined Monstah C. there were always many posts in all the forums on a daily basis. Now it seems as though many people have left. Have they left M* completely or just the forums.

I look in some of the forums that go weeks without a post and on the first page some posts are from 2006.

Where did everbody go.

Just wondering

Al
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MartiniGuy
post May 5 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #2

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: MonsterVIP
Member No.: 76

QUOTE(Greencatcher @ May 5 2007, 08:31 AM) [snapback]124196[/snapback]
Hello;

When I first joined Monstah C. there were always many posts in all the forums on a daily basis. Now it seems as though many people have left. Have they left M* completely or just the forums.

I look in some of the forums that go weeks without a post and on the first page some posts are from 2006.

Where did everbody go.

Just wondering

Al

Hey Al.
You've got mail

+Quote Post
macrick
post May 5 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #3

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 4,967

QUOTE(Greencatcher @ May 5 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]124196[/snapback]
Hello;

Where did everbody go.

Just wondering

Al

I noticed the same thing. I believe a few of the old timers in the forums did jump ship, but there are a few left. We hardly here from PK anymore. PK if you are out there, come enlighten us.

+Quote Post
MartiniGuy
post May 5 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #4

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

QUOTE(macrick @ May 5 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]124207[/snapback]
Hello;

Where did everbody go.

Just wondering

Al

I noticed the same thing. I believe a few of the old timers in the forums did jump ship, but there are a few left. We hardly here from PK anymore. PK if you are out there, come enlighten us.

Most have moved to 1 of 2 competing cart systems--and another board. Doubt you'll see PK, nooks, bookmark...etc, posting here again (which is very sad).

+Quote Post
Nuriel
post May 5 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #5

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,639

I am still here, sometimes there is nothing new to post. I saw the other day the Jim Acronati (monstersmile.gif staff) is back on the board.

Nuriel

+Quote Post
macrick
post May 5 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,967

QUOTE(MartiniGuy @ May 5 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]124211[/snapback]
QUOTE(macrick @ May 5 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]124207[/snapback]
Hello;

Where did everbody go.

Just wondering

Al

Most have moved to 1 of 2 competing cart systems--and another board. Doubt you'll see PK, nooks, bookmark...etc, posting here again (which is very sad).

What a shame, the cart just wasn't cutting it for em.

+Quote Post
heartland
post May 6 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #7

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,844

Martini,

If you know something, please share...MC contacted me saying that "guess what, your bandwith is increasing..surprise, we need to put you on a higher plan that's $149.00 more per month!"....yet my stats don't reflect the increase. huh.gif

So, for what they want to charge for this increase, I can get a competing cart that will sustain more than the bandwidth (they say) I need. I figure now might be just the push I need to move our site...so again, please let me know if you might know something pertinent. Cause if it's going to affect us all...I'd kinda like to know, so that I can make a more informed decision. PM is fine too...take care...

Heartland

+Quote Post
MartiniGuy
post May 8 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #8

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

QUOTE(heartland @ May 6 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]124223[/snapback]
Martini,

If you know something, please share...MC contacted me saying that "guess what, your bandwith is increasing..surprise, we need to put you on a higher plan that's $149.00 more per month!"....yet my stats don't reflect the increase. huh.gif

So, for what they want to charge for this increase, I can get a competing cart that will sustain more than the bandwidth (they say) I need. I figure now might be just the push I need to move our site...so again, please let me know if you might know something pertinent. Cause if it's going to affect us all...I'd kinda like to know, so that I can make a more informed decision. PM is fine too...take care...

Heartland

U got Mail

+Quote Post
senioremporium
post May 8 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #9

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,488

Some of us (me) are a bit overwhelmed with other stuff, but I always try to keep an eye on stuff here. I do also noticed that many of the "regulars" are not around anymore.. Until I get rid of this flu ....

Besides, many of recent posts are just on a complain-like fashion that gets to be a one-way thing....

Scooter
hooray.gif

+Quote Post
MartiniGuy
post May 14 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #10

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

QUOTE(senioremporium @ May 8 2007, 07:22 PM) [snapback]124293[/snapback]
Some of us (me) are a bit overwhelmed with other stuff, but I always try to keep an eye on stuff here. I do also noticed that many of the "regulars" are not around anymore.. Until I get rid of this flu ....

Besides, many of recent posts are just on a complain-like fashion that gets to be a one-way thing....

Scooter
hooray.gif

Hey Scooter. Hope you are better by now.
The "just complain" stuff...did not used to be that way.

+Quote Post
Parkeryamaha.com
post May 15 2007, 08:22 AM
Post #11

Monster Yoda
Group Icon

Member No.: 421

Overwhelmed here also,
and some days nothing new to read or help on

Dave

This post has been edited by Parkeryamaha.com: May 15 2007, 08:22 AM

+Quote Post
MartiniGuy
post May 18 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #12

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Yup

+Quote Post
amber
post Jun 19 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #13

Monster Newbie

Member No.: 9,228

I'm thinking about leaving monstersmile.gif as my server went down because I "outgrew" it as another person that posted on this forum and I didn't have a problem with the increase in cost but since my sales have SUCKED and the shopping cart abandonment has went through the roof, making me believe there is still something wrong. I call MC and get nothing..been like this so long that I've had to lay a bunch of people off and so now I'm shopping for a new system, sad because I've been with MC since the beginning. <REMOVED DUE TO FORUM REGULATIONS>
Thank you!!
Amber

+Quote Post
Monster Tech Lea...
post Jun 19 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #14

Monster Yoda
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,798

Hi amber,

If you feel there is something wrong with your site in terms of performance or it being down you need to contact support.

No one here on the forums can resolve that issue for you.

Joe

+Quote Post
agkits
post Jun 19 2008, 08:48 AM
Post #15

Monster General
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,041

I'm thinking about leaving monstersmile.gif as my server went down because I "outgrew" it as another person that posted on this forum and I didn't have a problem with the increase in cost but since my sales have SUCKED and the shopping cart abandonment has went through the roof, making me believe there is still something wrong. I call MC and get nothing..been like this so long that I've had to lay a bunch of people off and so now I'm shopping for a new system, sad because I've been with MC since the beginning. <REMOVED DUE TO FORUM REGULATIONS>
Thank you!!
Amber

Amber,

A while back (2...maybe 3 years) we went through a similar transition. We had to move to a semi-dedicated server because of our rise in traffic. At first we were disappointed that we had to spend more money ... but now I can't wait until we get so much traffic we would need to go to a dedicated server. Now... if your traffic has increase and your sales have gone down that could be from a number of things. If you don't mind could you link your site so some of us might check out to see if there is something wrong? Maybe some of us can help point you in the right direction.

+Quote Post
MartiniGuy
post Jun 19 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #16

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

QUOTE(amber @ Jun 19 2008, 10:58 AM) *
Thank you!!
Amber

Hey Amber.
The post you responded to with your situation is over a year old--and I was one of the last to post on this thread (May 2007)...to Agkits point, you might want to post your URL so that some helpful souls might take a look?

I too have been with MC since the beginning. I've experienced some ups and downs, but in the end, the service has been really good; and we've experienced significant growth in sales regularly.

Again, please post your domain name and let some folks take a look?

+Quote Post
geoi310
post Jun 19 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #17

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,417

We've been with monstersmile.gif for a while. We rank first on many of our keyword terms so are happy about that.
But we are exploring other options just in case we're not happy with the new system after migration.

QUOTE(MartiniGuy @ Jun 19 2008, 07:57 PM) *
Thank you!!
Amber

Hey Amber.
The post you responded to with your situation is over a year old--and I was one of the last to post on this thread (May 2007)...to Agkits point, you might want to post your URL so that some helpful souls might take a look?

I too have been with MC since the beginning. I've experienced some ups and downs, but in the end, the service has been really good; and we've experienced significant growth in sales regularly.

+Quote Post
wackyjazz
post Jun 20 2008, 05:33 AM
Post #18

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,283

Geoi310..

The new cart is very similar to some of the others so I would worry to much. Like all things that involves change it took me some getting used to because it was backwards from my other carts. I run two other carts and V7 is headed in the right direction. Hopefully the upgrades 7.3 will narrow the gap.

QUOTE(geoi310 @ Jun 20 2008, 03:08 AM) *
We've been with monstersmile.gif for a while. We rank first on many of our keyword terms so are happy about that.
But we are exploring other options just in case we're not happy with the new system after migration.

QUOTE(MartiniGuy @ Jun 19 2008, 07:57 PM) *
Thank you!!
Amber

Hey Amber.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 06:32 PM