> Autorize.net Vs Usaepay
Meir
post Nov 14 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Average Monster
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 6,746

I am currently using USAepay and am extremely happy, however, the big problem is, that when a customerís billing address entered does not match that of the credit card it will just decline the transaction without stating why so that the customer can correct the error. USAePay has confirmed that as well.

I have contacted Authorize.net as well as MonsterCommerce and have confirmed that Authorize.net is the sole gateway that will pass the error codes to MC.

Can someone please let me know if they are currently using Authorize.net and if they are happy?

Also, can someone confirm that they are using Authorize.net and have the error codes properly set up.

I thank you in advance for all your assistance in this matter.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Julie
post Nov 14 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Monster Know It All
Group Icon

Group: MC Staff
Member No.: 633

Hi Meir,

Good news! That data is now being passed but it may require a new login and password for your gateway.

Can you call me when you have a chance?

Thank you,
Julie
1-800-838-9699

+Quote Post
Nuriel
post Nov 14 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #3

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,639

Julie,

Can you clarify your last comment? Do you mean that you monstersmile.gif has fixed the usaEpay problem?

Meir I have switched to Authorize.net because of the raesons you have mentioned. I still have usaEpay as a backup. Authorize.net works, the error codes are being transfered without a problem. Just hope that you don't need to call Authorize tech support, waiing time can be more than 20 minutes. If monstersmile.gif had fixed the usaEpay I would suggest for you to stay, if not you should not wait one day to switch because every day that you wait is a day that you loose some sales.

Nuriel

+Quote Post
fashionsales
post Nov 14 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #4

Average Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,474

Yes - can this be clarified. I am sure that there are many many other customers here that would like to have this fixed.

+Quote Post
macrick
post Nov 15 2007, 05:19 AM
Post #5

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 4,967

From what I understand, its a mute point in v7. All gateways in v7 handle these error messages which is great for the future, but sucks for those of us in v4 now.

+Quote Post
Nuriel
post Nov 15 2007, 05:33 AM
Post #6

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,639

Hi Rick,

I do not know if you are still using usaEpay, just for everyone information, the transition to Authorize.net was easy and painless, as a matter of fact I still have the usaEpay we needed it for a while to process credits, I have decided to keep it as a back-up at least till January 08

Nuriel

+Quote Post
macrick
post Nov 15 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #7

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 4,967

QUOTE(Nuriel @ Nov 15 2007, 06:57 AM) *
Hi Rick,

I do not know if you are still using usaEpay, just for everyone information, the transition to Authorize.net was easy and painless, as a matter of fact I still have the usaEpay we needed it for a while to process credits, I have decided to keep it as a back-up at least till January 08

Nuriel

Thanks Nuriel,

No, I still use Linkpoint, but have wanted the custom response messages to the customers for years now. From what I understand, v7 all of this stuff is fixed.

+Quote Post
Meir
post Nov 15 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #8

Average Monster
Group Icon

I have spoken with Julie from Bank Card Services today regarding USAePay not passing the error codes and she has been a tremendous help. She patiently answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns immediately that were in her hands. Since beginning with Bank Card Services two years ago, we have had a great experience with them and highly recommend them for their professionalism, service and most importantly pricing!!!!

Anyone with specific questions can contact me directly.

Oh by the way, in version 7 all has been corrected and will be a seamless update.

+Quote Post
BamaCat
post Nov 16 2007, 09:10 AM
Post #9

Jedi Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,707

Is there any price difference between USAePay and Authorize.net?

+Quote Post
Meir
post Nov 17 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #10

Average Monster
Group Icon

If you are going through MC - Bank Card Services - there is a two dollar difference per month more with Autorize.net.

+Quote Post
CollegeBilliards...
post Jan 26 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #11

Monster Newbie

Member No.: 7,757

I use USAepay and I can tell you that their support is horrible. Don't use them if you can. It's not that the waiting times are terrible, there are no waiting times. Leave a message! and hope they call back (they don't).

Lewis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 10:09 AM